What's new

Gilmore Girls 11/12/02 (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Rory and Jess are finally getting together! These two are a great match; Rory and Dean's relationship seemed shallow to me.

I loved the closing shot; while Lorelai is consoling Rory, Kirk is running around them, holding up the dance trophy to the Rocky theme.

~T

BrianK

Auditioning
I'm so tired of everyone always loving the bad boy. As much as I love Rory, I don't think she deserves Dean. Dean would have done anything for her. He truly loves her. Jess is only out for himself. He has gone out of his way for months to try to hurt Rory with Shane. Sure it was obviously just foreplay, but it shows how selfish he is.

Just once, I would like to watch a show where the star actually gets with someone nice instead of always choosing the bad boy (I blame James Dean for this whole thing!!)

Sorry, didn't mean to rant. I still love the show, I would just love it more if Jess would move! By the way, I realize that I am in the vast minority on this one.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's not that Jess is a "bad boy"; it's that he can actually keep up with Rory. As nice as Dean is, Rory was eventually going to outgrow him. He's not stupid, but much of what interests Rory is going to go way over Dean's head. They have to negotiate with their hobbies - Dean will hang around while Rory shops for books if she hangs around while he watches "Battlebots" - and that's not the way it should be. They'd inevitably break up when Rory went to college anyway.

Not that Jess is going to be the love of her life either. But for now, they've at least got common ground.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Jess isn't a bad boy; he's just misunderstood and needs some parental guidance. Dean is nice, but that's the only quality I think he has.

Actually, I think I am in the minority in liking Jess.

~T

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone else annoyed with the stuff that isn't in the same loop as it used to be?

Season one, kirk moves to Stars Hollow

Season three, they mention that he's won the dance contest five years in a row...

really...

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Robert,
I've seen every episode, many of them twice. But from one GG fanboy to another, you may be watching a little too closely.... ;)
Rob

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
lol, another mistake I forgave, is that Kirk appeared in episode 2, but as another person. I told myself he was lying about his name, as the guy was delivering a DSL to Loralai, and it would be a job Kirk would do. But this... I cannot forgive. :)
Does anyone else feel the show's not as good as it used to be?
It used to be a good drama show, with lots of comedy and quirky characters. Now each episode seems to focus on "Who's dating who." and keeps trying to get stranger and stranger. I miss the season 1 episodes, and hope they get back on track.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The dynamic between Lorelai and Rory seems unnatural this season. It's like they've become caricatures of their characters this season, and not real characters.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I agree, they also used to be mother and daughter who got along very well, but they were still mother and daughter.
It's almost like they're pushing the "sisterly" bond too much. Loralai seems far too much like a cousin or something, and not Rory's mom anymore. :frowning:
I hope the show can be saved, it really used to be a gem, now, it's some kind of colorful rock... still pretty, but not nearly as valuable.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
At least the banter is still there which is why I watch it: Lorelai & Rory, Lorelai & Luke, Rory & Lane, occasionally Lorelai & Emily...

I could see where the dynamic between Lorelai and Rory could change from the mother/daughter thing. Rory is due to leave for college soon.

Rob

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I did like Paris' comment about how she had already put whatshisname on her Revenge List because he didn't call back.

//Ken

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The dynamic between Lorelai and Rory seems unnatural this season.
I agree Patrick. This show has all the signs of trying to correct what the producers perceive of as ‘wrong’, in the sense of not quite high enough ratings.

For me, I give it a bit more slack, but am mostly reading during the show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
One of these days, Lorelai's going to have to be the mom in their relationship, and not Rory's best bud that she's spent all these years becoming. Lorelai is deathly afraid that Rory will get preggers as a teen and re-live her life to the disappointment of her parents. Jess is not helping matters. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks