What's new

Gilmore Girls 10/28/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Did Rory really leave for college? She is still finding her way back to Star's Hollow at the drop of the hat. After trying the verbal assualt with the tree squatter, finally Rory throws money at her problem and gets her study tree back.

Emily makes Lorelai and Sookie jump through hoops for a catering gig.

Jason drops the bomb on Emily's world w/r/t her launch party planning. Emily is feeling obsoleted in the new world order.

Kirk's dating hijinks were funny, and playing off Luke's disinterest helped the humor.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Did Rory really leave for college? She is still finding her way back to Star's Hollow at the drop of the hat.
Did they ever establish how close the 2 towns are? They must not be very far if she just seems to pop up like that.

Good to see Kirk getting some lovin in the non-literal sense.

Felt sorry for Emily even though I can't stand her most of the time.

I think this Atlantic City trip is going to go very badly.

Digger and Cumlauts (sp?) may be a perfect match for each other and it should be fun to see them go at it verbally.

...Juicy... love those pants (and shorts) that have writing on the butt--genious idea whoever it was.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I can't imagine paying anyone money for a place to sit outside. She needs to learn how to study with outside distractions.

I also think that her haircut is a major disaster. It doesn't fit her and I think she knows it.

Glenn

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I believe Jason called Lorelei "Umlauts" which is akin to saying that Lorelai was in the IBTC "Itty Bitty Titty Committee" in those days. Umlauts are those 2 dots on vowels in other languages, like German.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Did they ever establish how close the 2 towns are? They must not be very far if she just seems to pop up like that.
Is not Star’s Hollow in CT? How far could that be from New Haven? I always thought that the plot device of Rory going to Yale, is that it is an easy, short drive back home (unlike Cambridge—probably about twice as far).

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I believe Jason called Lorelei "Umlauts" which is akin to saying that Lorelai was in the IBTC "Itty Bitty Titty Committee" in those days. Umlauts are those 2 dots on vowels in other languages, like German.
Well, since it followed right on the heels of the wet t-shirt with no bra reminiscence, it clearly had something to do with breasts and/or nipples.

Regards,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Err, I like Ken's explanation better than my crude, reaching reference of the term: umlauts in that situation. :)

The Condaleeze Rice comment was some sly political send-up.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I'm pretty sure they have mentioned before that New Haven is a 20 minute drive from Stars Hollow.

So only 40 minutes round-trip.

I have a feeling Rory will end up commuting sooner than later. I think they are setting that up with her unhappy dorm situation.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The Condaleeze Rice comment was some sly political send-up.
There was a George W. Bush mailbox as well, but they left that one un-commented on. They both had little republican elephants on the side in addition to the ... ah ... crude likenesses at the openings.

I thought the Condaleeza Rice joke was somewhere between mean spirited and ill-conceived, but putting that aside, this was my favorite episode of the season so far. There was enough plot to sustain it for the whole hour, and the dialog was still sparkling.

One dialog-free moment that I loved was when Rory approached her door and you could simultaneously hear the sqeaking trampoline, the TV, and the don't answer cell phone before she opened it.

Regards,

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I thought the Condaleeza Rice joke was somewhere between mean spirited and ill-conceived
I didn't see it that way. It was just a non sequitur -- why make such a mailbox and how did Lorelai recognize her -- and pretty funny. The only weak bit of the show was Rory pining for her tree. The rest with her roommates, and Kirk, Emily and Digger, were all good.

//Ken

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I was specifically talking about the comment about "her big mouth". I can't quote exctly since I deleted it from the Tivo.

Regards,

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Another nice throwaway line between Luke and Kirk and Ducky in "Pretty in Pink":

Luke: "Have we reached the end of the Movie yet"
Kirk: "No we are just before the "Try a Little Tenderness Scene""

Nobody does throwaway lines better the GG, they keep you on your toes.

I hope this Digger and Lorelai fling does not happen, let's not put a damper on the budding romance with Luke.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting really Sick of all the Bashing we have been seeing on TV. I'd like to say more, but I don't want to get in trouble

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
They seem to be doing what I was afraid of, trying to get Digger and Lorelai together in order to delay once again Luke getting together with her.

I also totally agree with WillG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks