What's new

Gilmore Girls 10/21/03 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
All I have to say is:

That last guy needs a good smack in the head.

You have to remember, not everyone is everyone's type. Myself, I'm still surprised a woman as hot as Lorelai would be single all these years. Then again, I could see her driving men crazy will all the rambling :)

I especially enjoyed Emily in this episode. For some reason, I always get a kick out of the sparring sessions between Emily and Lorelai. Too much fun.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought being one of the stars of the show meant being everyone's type? :)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
The best writing of the season so far.

The sequence where Sookie and Lorelai are discussing baby names ("Colgate") was done in a single take walking through the entire exterior of the Stars Hollow set. It went on for about a minute and a half. That's the kind of stuff that makes this my favorite show on TV! :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was shocked to see Traci Lords on this show! Whoa!

I think the writer did well in some spots, and not so well in other spots when it came to the reparte between Lorelai and Rory, and Lorelai and Sookie, but Lorelai and Emily was good.

For a girl who went off to college, Rory sure spends a lot of time back home. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I caught the guest star credit "Traci Elizabeth Lords" and wasn't sure if it was going to be her or somebody who didn't want to be confused with her (because of the middle name). And actually it's not that big of a shock if you just look at her mainstream acting career, but few of us ever do.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I was shocked to see Traci Lords on this show!
I was surprised to see her looking relatively good; the last few times she's shown up in something (most notably First Wave), she's looked prematurely aged, like an addict or something. Bet that bit of casting raised some eyebrows among the advertisers who paid for the show's development because they wanted more family-friendly shows on TV.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
This season is a huge step up from the horrible second half of season 2, and season 3.

I remember last season saying "I'll watch the first 3 episodes and see where it's going..."

Watched the first 5, and I'm planning to continue. It's finally the show I know and love again. :)

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Lorelai had the whole "naughty school-girl" look going on
Dead on, she looked better than ever.

It's nice to see they are finally beginning this Luke and Lorelai romance in ernest, they are a perfect fit, I hope they bring this relationship to a fitful result.

I think the show has managed a very difficult maneuver, that few shows can achieve, changing some of the backdrop (Rory in high school to Rory in College moving away, Old Inn buring down to opening new Bed and Breakfast on own) while maintaning the integrity of the show.

I agree with the sentiments above, the writing on the show this season seems renewed and filled with energy, this is probably the best show on TV right now.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Sounds like we can be grateful for the addition of Buffy scribe Jane Espenson.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

I wasn't that impressed by her episode, it had a very awkward portrayal of Taylor and wasn't half as snappy as this week's episode.

This week's was return to form. Very solid episode. I love when they include Emily as her relatinship with Lorelai is fodder for great comedy. Luke's use was also very funny and I could see myself in many of Lorelai's movie watching quirks.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like we can be grateful for the addition of Buffy scribe Jane Espenson.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wasn't that impressed by her episode, it had a very awkward portrayal of Taylor and wasn't half as snappy as this week's episode.
Writing for television is a much more collaborative process than the "written by/teleplay by" credits indicate. Pretty much everyone listed as a Producer or Story Editor has likely had some input into every script.

One thing I did notice that struck me as odd was Rory saying she didn't have any brothers or sisters. I guess they're just going to pretend Georgia doesn't exist.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Yeah, but by writer's guild rules she got credit because she put the most into that script.

Overall the writing hasn't changed much over the last few years because it's still under the direction of Amy Sherman-Palladino. Until she steps down I don't expect any major shift in the style of the show (like has happend to 'The West Wing').

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
When are we going to see Lane's mom already! ;) I love her.

Hmmm, perhaps it was either a slip-up with the writing, or they're trying to establish that Rory isn't so connected to that part of her life anymore.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
One thing I did notice that struck me as odd was Rory saying she didn't have any brothers or sisters. I guess they're just going to pretend Georgia doesn't exist.
Jason, great catch that flew right over my head, and I would not be surprised if it flew over the other writers heads as well. Good Blooper.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, seeing how much interaction there has been between Rory and her dad lately (he didn't show for her graduation, remember?) her forgetting about a half sister is not that surprising, especially when she's lived 17 years being an only child with minimal contribution from the father.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks