Gilmore Girls 1/20/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Just a reminder that a new episode of Gilmore Girls is on tonight!

"The Nanny and the Professor"

2. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

This is bad news for people who are planning to watch in HDTV on KQCA (Sacramento, CA). Their transmitter has been down for a few days, just in time for new episodes of GG and Everwood. [​IMG]

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yup. I'll post more on it later....

and it's later:

The dialogue was back to being rapid-fire and funny, especially the part where Lorelai is taken aback by the plural of "cul-de-sac" being "culs-de-sac" and not "cul-de-sacs". She then tortures Rory by throwing in plurals inappropriately for a short while at Luke's during this conversation and later at dinner with Emily and Richard.

Lane is working at Luke's Diner, and her efficiency is scaring Luke.

Michel is aghast to find out that Toby is the nanny for Sookie's child. Michel hates being in the same room as Toby (I think that's his name).

At dinner with Emily and Richard, Rory and Lorelai had to figure out how to spit out some European candy that obviously didn't taste all that good. I think it was something called Marzipan? Jason shows up with some papers for Richard, and Lorelai calls him when he's in the driveway, and sets up a date.

Paris is still shagging the professor and lying about it to Rory. The newspaper editor gets on a tirade about how Time magazine sucks, but it's because they turned him down for a job. During their newspaper hazing (the new staff members were wearing hats made of newsprint), Paris gets a call, and slips out to meet up with the professor. Paris comes back later to the dorm, tries to wake up Rory by being loud, and Rory tries ignoring her, to no avail.

Rory did tell Lorelai about Paris and the professor, it got a little icky when Rory was having Lorelai guess the "older" man's age.

Jason and Lorelai had their date, and some nookie. It's only afterwards that Lorelai finds out that Jason is a light sleeper and shuffles her off to the other bedroom (which is equipped very nicely, with a cool plasma TV that raises up from its console). It's a weird thing for Lorelai, finding out why a "great" guy like Jason is still single...

Somehow Michel gets suckered into looking after Sookie's son, and he was playing "rolling the baby in a blanket" (and unfurling it) to get the baby to stop crying. Well, he managed to roll the child under the bed and was sleeping, so Michel didn't want to disturb the baby. Michel then calls Lorelai for help, she comes over and has Michel lift up the bed and Lorelai retrieves the baby.

I forget if anything else of consequence happened at the very end of the episode (I sort of dozed off around 1:45 a.m. from time-shifting the episode).

4. Kevin Eckhardt

Kevin Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

At the very end Rory finds out she has a class with Paris's professor. He walks up to Rory and says how they have a connection through someone. Rory tenses up thinking he means Paris and then he mentions Rory's grandfather. The professor starts to teach. Roll credits.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Oh yeah, now I remember that last bit.

Lorelai's "We'll always have Paris" line was funny.

6. Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley Stunt Coordinator

I think the driving force behind Michel babysitting was an attempt to counter the threat of former night-manager/current nanny Tobin. Lorelai reassured him that they like Tobin, but they're crazy about Michel.

I enjoyed Paris's attempts to wake Rory up, and Rory's freakout at the prospect of getting details. "I smell like pipe tobacco."

7. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

I liked the line from one of the tour guests saying something like "Look! They even hired actors to play the family". [​IMG]

8. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    I thought this episode was a little weak, but I did like Lorelai and Rory observing that Luke and Lane will never make it as a team, "I wonder where he'll end up?". [​IMG]

Rob

9. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I'm a little disappointed that they dropped the thread that Richard has been having dinner yearly with his old college sweetheart. I was looking forward to some development on that front so Emily would have something to bug Lorelai about.

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

FYI: Amy Sherman-Palladino is writing the screenplay to "Gossip Girl" starring Lindsay Lohan. Amy's the creator of Gilmore Girls. What is it with projects with the initials "G.G."? [​IMG]