Gilmore Girls 01/14/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Anytime Emily gets unnerved by her mother-in-law (Marion Ross), it's always a fun time at the Gilmores.

It looks like Dean isn't giving Rory up without a fight, and he's got Jess all worked up about it. Go for it, Dean!

I doubt Paris will care about where the dance is held at, she's on cloud 9. But there should be some good give-n-take between Rory and Francine (head Puff).

2. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

I agree with Patrick that this episode sets the stage for new developments in the show. The various plotlines represent role reversals, to some degree, for the characters...

Lorelai coaching Emily
    I've missed a few of the episodes, so I take it that 'Gran' has appeared before. Great stuff, watching Emily all in an uproar. I assume that the house situation means that Gran may appear on the show more frequently. I always prefer the moments when Lorelai and Emily aren't bickering; Lorelai coaching Emily on developing a defense mechanism was a nice role reversal. Hopefully this is foreshadowing an improved relationship between Emily and Lorelai.

Dean on the outside
    Dean had a lot of fun tweaking Jess at the carnival. It'll be interesting to see just how much Jess can take. How will Dean's going to a 4 year college affect Rory's perception of him? There was no doubt that she was impressed with his taking up her challenge, and doing more with his life.

Rory taking a more active role in the school politics, with Paris being passive / distracted.
    Is Francine a match for Rory? Or should that be the other way around? I guess we'll see. Rory may be somewhat inexperienced, but she's got the Gilmore spunk.

I'm looking forward to the next episode and further development of the storyline.

- Walter.

3. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I had no idea that was Marion Ross!

I think Jess will be gone by the end of the season because WB is creating a spinoff for him.

Dean's little sister is so cute. They should put her on the show more often.

~T