What's new

Gilligan's Island Question (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I know that Rescue From Gilligan's Island is available on DVD, albeit a low budget one. Are the other two reunion movies available on DVD? I've searched but I can't seem to find out much about the second and third films.

Also, when the surviving cast was on Arsenio Hall several years back (perhaps it was even later), didn't Tina Louise say that she regretted not being in the Rescue movie? I recall hearing or reading that after Alan Hale, Jr. (Skipper) or Jim Bakus (Mr. Howell) died that she wished that she had done the film since it would have been the last time that she would have worked with the whole cast. I could be wrong but I swear I remember her stating something along those lines. I know for years and years she wanted nothing to do with the show or to even be associated with the show.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I think the other two may have been on vhs years ago. Not sure. I think someone should release all 3 in a nice little high quality set. I know Tina Louise is sad she didn't do the reunions NOW, but in the late 70s, she was trying to steer clear of Gilligan's; she was trying to jump start her career again as a femme fatale type. She did appear on Dallas in the early episodes as JR's scheming secretary.

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to see this package as well. I bought one of the cheapie public domain dvds of "rescue from Gilligan's Island" a while back and it is very poorly put together. With 3 tv movies, there would seem to be enough material to create a 4th Gilligan's dvd collection (after the first 3 seasons of the show). It might be interesting if they could throw in episodes where a GI homage was created like ALF Baywatch and Roseanne. That segment from the late night talk show that was the last gathering of the castaways (don't believe it was Arsenio Hall, but can't remember the name of the program) would make an excellent bonus feature.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
A box set of these would be great. Not great movies, but I'm such a fan, would buy it in a minute.

I love my 3 season sets of this show. But the lack of more commentaries from surviving cast members and the lack of substantial bonus materials was a real let down.

Better bonus material exists. The 3 movies, those reunion interviews, Bob Denver on Larry King Live, the original CBS promos, and any other bonus material would make a great 4th package. Us fans will buy!!

TimT

Agent
Can anyone please give us the names of all the post series TV movies? I believe there was Rescue from Gilligan's Island and Surviving Gilligan's Island, but I think there was at least one other. Thanks!:D

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Rescue from Gilligan's Island (1978)
The Castaways on Gilligan's Island (1979)
The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island (1981)

And do not forget the two animated series that need to be on DVD as well:

The New Adventures of Gilligan (1974-1977) (24 Episodes) with the voices of Natalie Schafer, Bob Denver, Russell Johnson, Alan Hale Jr., and Jim Backus plus Jane Webb as Ginger and Jane Edwards as Mary Ann

Gilligan's Planet (1982-1983) (13 Episodes) with the voices of Natalie Schafer, Bob Denver, Russell Johnson, Dawn Wells (as both Mary Ann & Ginger), Alan Hale Jr., and Jim Backus

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
If this 4th set of Gilligan's Island is indeed ever made, the studio will no doubt release it as a 4 volume set with the 4th volume only available in the complete set, thus forcing us to buy the previous 3 season's set to get the 4th.

Alexander J

Auditioning
If I recall, Universal produced the latter two Gilligan movies, "Castaways on GI" and "Globetrotters on GI".

Does Universal still own those rights to these movies, or have they reverted back to Sherwood Schwartz or Warner Bros. or what? Maybe that could explain a little bit why those movies aren't on DVD yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks