What's new

Gillette Introduces Electric Razor Blade System For A Morning "Tingle" (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member

After Hours has a long history of showing new products whether they are razor blades or whatever. Some people are interested in new things ya know. :D

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Razors?!?

..and besides, there's usually some form of commentary or opinion that goes along with it. That initial post seemed as if you were employed by Gillette. There's been a history of that type of post behavior here as well. ;)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Someone go buy this and tell me how it works. Personally I saw no advantage over the mach 3 with the mach 3 turbo.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

"Even if it is only for a light-up razor!" :)

I wish I could find a link to the Onion article that complained how razor technology has been advancing dramatically while comb technology has not. :)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor

I found the Mach3 Turbo to be a much smoother shave then the original Mach3. I even prefer it over the new Quattro razor.

I like new things, and yes i'm going to be picking one of these up come May.

Paul

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Does it really make the hairs stand on end (which would be a definite benefit) or does the pulsing simply make the blades act like an electric knife, where there are cutting motions?

David-S

Second Unit
I wonder how much of a "tingle" you get...

Also, why would the blades be more expensive, they look exactly the same as the old mach3(turbo) blades :frowning:

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I tried the Quatro and didn't think it worked nearly as well as the Mach3 Turbo.. (IMHO)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Paul: Hmm... good point. As a person who shaves in the shower, would this product kill me?

;)

Brian

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The odds of a single double a type battery killing you are.. uh, pretty low.

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac
Got a Quatro as a present and give it TWO THUMBS DOWN!

As a completely satisfied Mach 3 user, here's my take:

~ It's way too big, just really unwieldly.

~ I suspect those 7 little guide/support wires interfere with proper, efficient cutting. Unless one were to keep the motion of the razor completely perpendicular to the hairs (an impossibility), those hairs are going to be corralled/bunched into those wires. Also, those wires are going to keep the blades from touching the skin as closely as they otherwise would.

~ The blades got less sharp after only ONE USE! It actually cut me on the third shave.

By contrast, I can use a mach 3 for maybe a month and it has never cut me.

ps, if anyone is interested, we had a pretty good razor thread here awhile back.

pss, JOHN THOMAS, don't be dissin' ol Forest Gump there, we like our razor threads!

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
years ago i had a blade razor, i think it was made by Remington, that had a vibrating head. (start vibrating head jokes now!) it took a Gillette refill blade. the vibrating head had the effect of ultra rapid mini strokes (another joke opportunity!) that gave a very smooth close shave. it was powered by a single AA battery. when it finally died, i tried to find another one 'cause it gave a great shave, but they had discontinued it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks