Gigli leads Razzie Nominations

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Steve Christou, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
  2. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I was wondering when this thread would pop up. )

BTW, how's the weather across the pond? [​IMG]

3. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

I'm just happy that Stallone has been nominated again. 30 nominations is not nearly enough for him

4. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    [vulgar mode on] Freezing my nuts off here Dome [vulgar mode off] Yep and it's getting colder and colder, arctic winds heading my way, help!.

Jay I'd thought they'd name the Worst Actor Razzie the 'Sylvester Stallone Award' by now, wouldn't you? Hey what am I saying I like Stallone! Rocky! Rocky! Rocky! Rocky! [​IMG]

5. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Trust me, Gigli is every bit as bad as you could imagine.

Shame House of the Dead didn't pick up a few nominations.

6. Clint

Clint Stunt Coordinator

Haven't seen House of the Dead nor do I want to, but I have seen House of 1000 Corpses and crap did that blow chunks.

7. Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart Supporting Actor

I think Boat Trip ended up on more critic's Worst Of 2003 lists than Gigli did. I think it wasn't on Ebert's list, and Owen Glieberman (Entertainment Weekly) even went out of his way to knock a film (can't remember which) with a line like "if you think Gigli was the worst film of 2003, you'd be wrong."

8. Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart Supporting Actor

Oh, and I agree 100% with Clint about House of 1000 Corpses. It was the worst 2003 film I personally saw (though I'm open to the likely possibility that there were worse out there).

9. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Stalone was over the top, goofy and laughable in Spy Kids 3D. But, you know, that was pretty much the way the part was supposed to be played.. as goofy. Sometimes I disagree with the Razzies, guess this would be one of them.. I know SK3D is one flick my kids are dying to get on DVD [​IMG]

10. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

11. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Thanks for the list Chris. Wow, Ben Affleck not too popular is he? Is it J-Lo's fault I wonder or was he always regarded as a crap actor? Worse on-screen couple too, probably a lock.
    No real surprises in the list, well maybe Al Pacino, but I haven't seen Gigli.

12. Mark Palermo

Mark Palermo Second Unit

The Razzies are even dumber than the Oscars. Isn't the point of a counter-culture awards ceremony to actually have a unique perspective?

13. Stevan Lay

Stevan Lay Second Unit

WoW, what a contrast. Alec Baldwin is nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Supporting Actor category for The Cooler. Wouldn't it be great if he made history by winning both awards [​IMG]

14. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Why are people so hard on the Charlie's Angels sequel? I mean, did you see the first one? It's not like the sequel is any WORSE than the original. To call it the worst sequel somehow implies the first was any good.

15. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I agree. Though I didn't actually see it, there is no possible way the sequel could suck any worse than the first "Angels".

What I wanna know is how in the world did McG escape a worst director nomination? He's a hack's hack, for crying out loud, the absolute litmus test for exceedingly bad taste, and somehow the Wachowski's snuck past him on nothing more than dashed expectations? C'mon, folks. The W's tripped over their own high aspirations, but McG is just plain awful, and awful in the most crass, vile and pandering way possible.

16. Tomas Noung

Tomas Noung Auditioning

The Razzies are not intended to be taken seriously. This may be done so that the members of the Rasberry Foundation will not be sued for defamation or be seen as mean-spirited.

17. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Yeah, it is. The first was actually fairly fun, but the second just mines the same territory with weaker results...

18. Steve Christou

Steve Christou

You have a point there Mark, all of these films were rumoured to be shit even before they were released in theatres. The Razzies should have been a bit nasty, mean and questionable, not just stating the bleeding obvious.[​IMG]

19. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Wow. You know it must have been a truly terrible year when Boat Trip can't even get a nomination for Worst Picture.

20. WillG

WillG Producer

I know this is not meant to be taken seriously but it seems like in a lot of cases they just take the 5 worst movies and give nominations to anyone they can associate with them. For example, I saw Al Pacino and Christopher Walken nominated for worst supporting for Gigli. Two highly accomplished veteran actors. I did not see Gigli but it almost unanimously a horrible movie. But, did Pacino and Walken really give bad performances, or are they nominated just for being in the movie?