What's new

Gift.. the JVC RX-6032V... (1 Viewer)

James_Barcus

Agent
Wow.. I got home from work yesterday to find a nice brown box with my name on it on my porch.. My dad whom I've not seen in 3 years sends me a package.. He found the JVC RX-6032V and a JVC HR-XVC33U in a box and shipped it to me. In the box was JBL speakers, and a nice THUMPING room filling powered sub. I got it hooked up and everything and it's PERFECT!!! The best things I've ever owned.. What I was wanting to know is if this thing get's good ratings and stuff? Anyone have one? Do you like it? Oh and where can I get a remote for the receiver? It was missing.. I got the remote for the DVD/VCR.....

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
What I was wanting to know is if this thing get's good ratings and stuff?
You will find some JVC users in these groups - but, not too many. However, I've owned some of their gear in the past and have found it to work quite well.

The most important part is how the gear sounds to you. If you like it, that's the most important part. In the past, I've been too drawn in by reviews. Keep in mind that a review is usually just an opinion reflected by the reviewer - so you still need to look at it objectively.

Enjoy your new gear ... :) :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Ooops ... Didn't answer your question regarding the remote control for the receiver. You could contact JVC to get a replacement remote. However, they are usually quite costly. You'll probably find out that they want $100 (or more) for a replacement remote.

To economically replace the remote, I'd look into one of the OneForAll remotes. It should feature codes for JVC receivers built in. These remotes run $15 - $20 at your local Wal-Mart.

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
I have had a couple of JVC recivers in the past, and have always thought JVC had great"bang for the buck" stuff.Their mid to higher stuff has most of the latest tech,but just not as"refined" ? as most of the higher end equipment.I always had good luck with their products.

Greg

James_Barcus

Agent
Well so far it's GREAT!! The sound coming out of it.. wow!! But I think the speakers help that too. It has loads of features, too many to list.. I'll know the full extent of this thing once I get my digital coax cable for my cable box, and optical for my PS2.. I had this thing thumping lastnight.. I have a cd that tests the scale that speakers can handle or what ever.. One part of it plays a tone.. starts out at 200 Hz - 20 Hz and the sub woofer thumped ALL THE WAY DOWN!!! LoL.. I was very amazed!! So far I'm pleased, and it was free so why not? LoL!! And the DVD player is the best I've ever had, I don't know if it's the DVD player that's so good or the video processor inside the receiver cause that's where I've got it going, and then to my TV.

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
James,

Glad to hear you like it. I have used a number of JVC
products and found them solid, reliable and easy to use together with AV compulink.

Can't beat the price either!

DG

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
yeah man I own an RX-8010vbk receiver and for the price I paid this thing amazed me..I ended up buying it for sheer budget costs and found it to do everything and anything I needed it to do..I want to upgrade to a denon or marantz, but find it hard to get the extra cash together..this receiver is pretty damn good for what I paid for it..

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Dave, I bought my daughter the 910 (Just an 810 with a Zone 2 & an RF Remote) a while back for under $300 delivered & she loves it. I have never listned to it though because she lives in a different state far away but one of the reasons I bought it was the RF Remote & you could setup everything once for each input so once her boyfriend set it up for her all she has to do now is select the source that she wants to use. Her boyfriend also setup some speakers outside on her patio & in her bedroom & used a speaker switch box so she can control the receiver's Zone 2 from the patio or from her bedroom. When I asked him about the "Sound Quality" he told me that for the price & features he thought it was a steal but he also told me that it wasn't as "Clean" as his Onkyo but it was darn good & a perfect choice for her & she uses it everyday with the TV, FM or her CD & has never had any problems with it & she has every input filled with something & she uses her laptop computer with it too. Another reason I got it was that it has 2 Audio Dubbing Loops & 2 Video Dubbing Loops which no other receiver in that price range had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks