What's new

Gift ideas for the Return of the King EE Gift Set (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Nah, the extra DVD is a no-brainer this year. It'll be another special edition of the Beyond the Movie Natl. Geographic disc.

Speaking of the extra gifts, my Argonath bookends fell over a few days ago and both their hands broke off. Is my only option to glue them back together as well as I can, or is there a way to get a replacement other then buying a whole new Fellowship set?

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

Probably. I doubt there's anything Sideshow would do about it (I don't even think they would stock it). New Line? Doubtful they'll do squat, but I guess you could try contacting them.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I also think it should be The White Tree of Gondor, after all, it's resurrection signifies the return of the king....pretty much to the point IMO.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'd really like to see Aragorn's Crown with a mail-in companion piece, the Witch-king's helm. Sideshow does some great helms. The Witch-king's crown was already produced, and given as gift to a small number of people. It goes for a hefty sum on ebay.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Yep. My mistake. I was thinking 2003-2004, but yeah it's only been like 3-4 months for it to sell out.

Chris, you could probably find the Argonath bookends on ebay. Since they aren't limited editions and are still available in stores, they shouldn't be too expensive. Certainly should be cheaper than having to buy a whole new gift set.

It seems like there are lots of people who may be interested in this stuff, but just know about the DVD-bundled items and don't follow the regular Sideshow-Weta line. For anyone who is interested in getting an idea of the kind of cool stuff SSW is putting out there, check these out:

Shelob

King Elessar

Morgul Lord(witch-king)

Gandalf on Shadowfax

the arms of Aragorn (mini-weapons plaque)

Theoden's helm

Escape off the Road plaque

Ringwraith on Steed (horse)

Fell beast with Morgul Lord
Stone Trolls

Galadriel bust

Gandalf the White bust

Sam and Bill the pony

Saruman with Palantir

Orthanc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks