1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Giant Release Schedule?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joel Vardy, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

Any word on Giant being released for R1? I know it was out already in Canada for awhile and probably is unavailable now from any source. I remember some what appeared credible speculation about the end of this year. I believe it is a Warner title. Since no word has been heard of late is '03 more likely now?

Joel

2. Rain

Rain Producer

There was an announcement a month or two back (complete with cover art) that Warner was soon to release this title as an SE. Then it disappeared and nobody knows what's going on with it.

3. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

Thanks, Rain, I thought things have gone suddenly quite after some intention for the SE. I assume the SE would be similar to what was available in Canada. If not, that may explain some of the delays (efforts to collect additional material...).

Maybe this can be brought up again on the next Warner chat...

Joel

4. Rain

Rain Producer

5. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

Pure speculation here, but perhaps they are saving the release for their new "Two Disc Special Edition" collection next year?
    --
    Paul Arnette

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Paul, it was already supposed to be a double-disc set, released at the same time as the new sets for Unforgiven, Singin' In The Rain, True Romance, Amadeus, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. I was the one who reported that it suddenly disappeared from Warner's list of release titles. There has been nothing new since then; I've checked as recently as the other day!

As for this: