What's new

Giant on DVD this summer (1 Viewer)

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
Larry King just mentioned on his show tonight, while interviewiong Liz Tailor, that GIANT will be out on DVD this summer. Anybody else here anything.....?

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I also watched the Larry King interview with Elizabeth Taylor (who is my all time favourite) and also heard that Warner plans on releasing "Giant" on DVD this summer! FINALLY! The wait is over! I hope is a 2 Disc Special Edition! it deserves it for sure!

Andy

Dan M~

Second Unit
I'm looking forward to Giant, been waiting about two years. Keep kicking myself for not purchasing the Canadian copy when it was available. But... Liz may not be the best source for release accuracy... I hope she's correct though.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Liz didn't mention it (I don't think she has lived in the real world for some time based on that interview), Larry King did.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I still remember the 2001 Golden Globes. Didn't anyone try rehearsals and realize that the poor woman wasn't quite up to the task of presenting an award?

It was depressing to see her so humiliated.

But I'm also looking forward to Giant: SE :)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The Giant DVD news was courtesy of WHV. They let Larry King use numerous clips from Ms. Taylor's career and Larry announced at every commercial break that the clips were from Warner and that Giant will be out on DVD this summer.

I was hoping that Elizabeth Taylor would comment on doing interviews for DVDs of her movies, but she didn't :frowning: Does anyone know if she participated in the Giant DVD? IIRC, the Canadian DVD did have an interview with her on it.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
There have been rumors of this coming to DVD again earlier but it never materialized. I figured it would only be a matter of time and got rid of my Canadian copy while it's still worth something. I hope Warner Brothers will give it a better video transfer then the previous release. But hopefully it will still have all the extras and maybe a few more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks