What's new

GI JOE DVD sound? (2 Viewers)

Greg K

Second Unit
I'm debating whether or not to buy the limited edition GI JOE miniseries DVD set.

Did Rhino totally *RUIN* the episodes (like they did with *many* Transformers episodes) by adding CRAPPY NEW SOUND EFFECTS onto the 5.1 track? Is there an option to hear the original sound mix in 2.0????

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Did Rhino totally *RUIN* the episodes (like they did with *many* Transformers episodes) by adding CRAPPY NEW SOUND EFFECTS onto the 5.1 track? Is there an option to hear the original sound mix in 2.0????
I don't know about GI JOE, but I wanted to make sure you know that with The Transformers, ALL of the 5.1 tracks have been ruined with extra sound effects, and many of the 2.0 tracks have been polluted as well. In fact, on the TF Season 2 part 2 set, both the 5.1 and 2.0 tracks of every single episode have extra sound effects added to them. :angry:

I definitely would not buy GI JOE until you get confirmation (from someone who is very familiar with the episodes) that there have been no alterations to the soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks