What's new

Ghosts (US) (2021) - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have enjoyed the American "Ghosts" I was a bit disappointed in the latest episode, "Trevor's Pants". It was OK but not the best episode.

The odd thing is that for hundreds of years the ghosts have remained the same . Nothing happened to them until Jay and Samantha came to live in the house and in the short period they have lived there all of the sudden there is much growth in how the ghosts relate to each other..
They had no one to relate to until someone came into the house who could communicate with them. All of a sudden with Sam as an intermediary, the world was opened up to them again and they could in fact be a part of things again. Thus, we've seen growth of their characters begin again.

I thought the episode was terrific. Funny and also poignant giving us a sweet perspective on Trevor whom we had thought up until now was just a douche Wall Street himbo. I still think "Pete's Wife" was the best episode, but I loved this one a lot.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
My favorite episode was the one with Hetty's husband. I still have it on my DVR. The show is off again next week and then there are only 2 episodes left this season for a total of 18.

Here is a video of the cast finding out that the show has been renewed for a second season.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I liked that one, too, and the climactic shock near the end was one of the true season highlights, I still have it on my DVR, too.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It has been a fun season so far. This is the only half hour comedy I've been watching this season.

Yes, more depth to Trevor in the most recent episode. It will be interesting to see where they go in season 2.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Vudu has the first season on sale in HD for $6.99 so I bought it and binged a bunch of episodes this evening including the pilot and the second episode, neither of which I had saved on the DVR. Great to see it all unfold again. I had forgotten what the head of the headless biker looked like, so that was certainly fun to revisit. Also didn't have to worry about fast forwarding through commercials.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Vudu has the first season on sale in HD for $6.99 so I bought it and binged a bunch of episodes this evening including the pilot and the second episode, neither of which I had saved on the DVR. Great to see it all unfold again. I had forgotten what the head of the headless biker looked like, so that was certainly fun to revisit. Also didn't have to worry about fast forwarding through commercials.
Great deal. Thanks for the heads up.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here is a BFI discussion (similar to Paley Center show talks) with the cast of the British version of "Ghosts". Six of the actors are also writers on the show. 4 of the six are on this panel. They do mention the US version a little toward the end. The writers are executive producers on the US version but have limited input. They shot down the possibilty of a crossover between the 2 shows. They have started filming a 4th series of the show. The British version airs on HBOMAX in the US.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Another good episode of Ghosts. I wonder if Stephanie, the teen ghost will wake up and become a regular next season . They need some conflict and now all the regular ghosts and livings seem in complete harmony.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Loved the episode (as I have most of them). Despite having such a cruel trick played on her, Sam rose above it and became a helpful friend to the snotty Stephanie. And I loved the running gag with Trevor resisting her and continuing his infatuation with Samantha (looking at her so longingly when she came down the stairs in her coral gown). The B-plot with the addition of an Alexa to the house and Alberta's "ghost power" coming forward again was also a constant delight.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Here is a BFI discussion (similar to Paley Center show talks) with the cast of the British version of "Ghosts". Six of the actors are also writers on the show. 4 of the six are on this panel. They do mention the US version a little toward the end. The writers are executive producers on the US version but have limited input. They shot down the possibilty of a crossover between the 2 shows. They have started filming a 4th series of the show. The British version airs on HBOMAX in the US.

Thanks for the link.Can't wait to see the 4th British series of GHOSTS. The US version left me cold and lacked in humor .The British series was hilarious- all 3 series.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Amazon should change the name of it's speaker devices from Echo to Alexa as that is name most people call the devices.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Interview with the producers.
1650571902966.png

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I'm glad Ghosts is coming back also. I have actually been enjoying all the CBS Thursday night shows this season. I'm curious to see what happens to B-Positive; now that the transplant is over with, it seems like it doesn't quite know what it is about, although I have enjoyed it anyway. I got P+ mostly for Star Trek, but I enjoy the ability to see these shows (and others) without commercials.

Clark Green

BANNED
Real Name
Clark Green
All episodes are now on Paramount+

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yeah I started watching about a month ago. Only the first three eps so far but I like it.
The mixture of humor and heart that continually dots this series makes it, for me, the best comedy on TV right now. My favorites from the first season: "Pete's Wife," "Alberta's Fan," "The Vault," and "Trevor's Pants."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks