Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: Ghosts of War (2020)

Tagline: You can't hide from yourself.

Genre: Horror, Thriller, War, Fantasy

Director: Eric Bress

Cast: Brenton Thwaites, Theo Rossi, Skylar Astin, Kyle Gallner, Alan Ritchson, Billy Zane, Shaun Toub, Matthew Reese, Laila Banki, Shannon McKain, Nathan Cooper, Alexander Behrang Keshtkar, Yanitsa Mihailova, Rebecca Flinn-White, Kaloyan Hristov, Amber Townsend, Alexandra Spasova

Release: 2020-07-03

Runtime: 94

Plot: A group of World War II American soldiers encounter a supernatural enemy as they occupy a French castle previously under Nazi control.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No, but it sounds kind of tired. Hasn't the "WWII soldiers discover some supernatural Nazi thing" been done several times?

Plus the cast includes Billy Zane, one of the worst actors ever.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, it is not exactly that. I don't want to explain much about it but it seems to be written by someone that thought the Nazi supernatural thing was kind of tired.

When it turns...well...I was not expecting the turn it took.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I seem to be in this phase where all I want to watch in terms of newer pictures is genre stuff so, I just stumbled upon this and watched it. I was curious if anybody else has seen it and what they thought. I would classify this picture as a single watch deal because once you know where it goes the film can't be seen the same way again. Basically you can only experience it the way it is meant to be experienced once. Repeat viewings likely would be a waste of time.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
Well, it is not exactly that. I don't want to explain much about it but it seems to be written by someone that thought the Nazi supernatural thing was kind of tired.

When it turns...well...I was not expecting the turn it took.
Yeah, that didn't turn out how I expected. I didn't think it was bad overall, but it is definitely a once watch type for the reason you stated.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yeah, that didn't turn out how I expected. I didn't think it was bad overall, but it is definitely a once watch type for the reason you stated.

It did seem to be to be written by someone that had read and been annoyed by a lot of internet reviews where people said "I could see that ending coming a mile away." and exists as a film for those people. I don't think people will see where this film goes coming. I'll give it credit for that anyway.

However, because the picture takes such a drastic turn, well, it seems there would be no point in watching it again once you know what that turn is. People into surprise endings might enjoy it.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks