What's new

Ghost World vs. My First Mister (1 Viewer)

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
Both deal with the topic of "alienation", and I loved Ghost World and just bought My First Mister, so I thought I'd ask you guys which one is better:
Which one is better? :D

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
I like them both. Almost everyone will tell you that Ghost World is better. Although personally, I prefer My First Mister. But hey, that's just me.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Ultimately, I ended up liking MY FIRST MISTER, but I like GHOST WORLD better. MY FIRST MISTER is more subtle and perhaps a bit more conventional, especially toward the end. It's more somber, for sure. GHOST WORLD appeals to less people, but the ones who like it are going to identify more strongly with it.
Oddly enough, I threw up a little stream-of-consciousness rumination on GHOST WORLD at my website just yesterday. If you're at all curious why I love the flick, just click on Lil' Enid here:

(In case the image isn't coming up, here's the link: http://minerwerks.phpwebhosting.com/enid.html)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, I have only seen My First Mister, but I enjoyed it a great deal.

(did you see that, Steeve?)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
My First Mister....though I do like Ghost World also.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I like them both. Almost everyone will tell you that Ghost World is better. Although personally, I prefer My First Mister. But hey, that's just me.
I think that's the Leelee factor talking. :D
Personally, I'll take Ghost World.
Did like MFM, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks