What's new

Ghost Whisperer - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
JLH doesn't strike me as very athletic, so are you sure you're not letting your infatuation get in the way? Wonder Woman is supposed to be Amazonian. I think Izzy from Grey's Anatomy is a much better fit of the image in just about every way I can think of.

Ghost Whisperer seems to be just the fit for JLH as I can't remember any of her movies. I know she was in one with Jackie Chan... The Medallion, I think it was called, but that's about it. Nothing memorable, or even really good, for that matter.

This show is the first time I've really enjoyed seeing her in anything.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Good "classic" episode this week, great double-twist at the end. And it looks like a pretty good Halloween episode coming up! Life is good. (Except I'm not set-up to do screen-grabs, so no picture of the top with the bow from a couple of weeks ago. ;))

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You're all about the GW right now.

I've been thinking maybe I'm like Prince's mother when it comes to this show, because I'm never satisfied any more. But, the scenes from Shane's comeuppance to whatever happened to him at the end were good. The scene with the cop was nice. I wasn't getting good vibes from him at first. I thought he was going to be in cahoots with Shane somehow.

Did you just watch, because I finished not five minutes ago and made a beeline for this thread.

Joe S

Second Unit
I was flipping channels this afternoon (actually I entered the wrong channel number) and caught JLH in a commercial for some kind of bra!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Rimshot!

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

That would be the Hanes All-Over Comfort Bra commercial that Joe S happened across:

And you can find that Entertainment Weekly "Stupid Questions" piece here.

JLH: ''Wear tiny tops. [Ghosts] listen better with cleavage''

We all do, Jen. We all do. :)

Regards,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wouldn't mind visiting an underground city. The one time I was in Seattle, I didn't even know they had one. I'd be a little afraid of running into the Night Strangler down there, though.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
"They (the dark emotions that dark spirits feed on) can be bettered by the things that better them in life - all the good stuff: love, joy, happiness, forgiveness, melted cheese, 6-way adjustable bucket seats, that dress ---"

:)

Way to go, Doc.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
When Mel was handcuffed to the bed wearing only her nighty, I thought of Joe. I don't want to think of Joe in situations like that, but that's what it's come down to.

Fully standalone episode! Swap Andrea for Delia and it could have been from season one. Not that the ghost's story was my particular favorite. I did like the pseudo-psychic, though. I was kept wondering what his story was for the first half or so.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Greg, believe me, you aren't half as disturbed by this as I am. :D

The whole fake-psychic/cold reader thing was kind of amusing given that James Van Praagh, who is credited as a producer on the show, is precisely the same kind of fake in the John Edward mold.

Regards,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You're like a walking encyclopedia. I didn't know the name. From wiki:

That almost sounds like a synopsis of last night's show!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Ah man, I feel for you, when I saw Love hancuffed to a bed wearing a nighty all I could think was I was watching Love hancuffed to a bed wearing a nighty. :) Joe never entered my mind thank goodness!

Great episode, too, Orlando Jones provided a nice bit of spice to the proceedings I thought.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Another good episode. The evil ghosts were a hoot. Kay Panabaker looks amazingly like her sister Danielle (James Woods' daughter on Shark) And this show needs more scenes with Melinda running. :)

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Or even walking really briskly. :)

The two ghosts reminded me of an evil version of an Amazing Stories episode where a mischievious ghost couple tried to get rid of two new owners. I like how Cameron (sorry but Alan Ruck will always be Cameron Fry to me) solved the problem, if you can't get rid of the ghosts in the house...get rid of the house. :D

Emotional farewell to mommy ghost, too. :frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Before I knew he was oppressed, I thought Steve was so uptight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. The ghost should have been a totaled Ferrari.

When Steve was on the nature trail
Let my wife Liz go

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Not only was "Cameron" clever, but so was (most likely) the writer(s). By having the action follow Melinda and the daughter the show not only preserved the suspense about the father's fate, but saved a hell of a lot of money on blowing up the house. ;)

A feature film almost certainly would have shown the explosion (in slo-mo, from five or six different angles, and with segments repeating) as a matter of course, just because they could afford to. That would have required buying and blowing up and actual house, building a full-sized mock-up of at least a couple of the exterior wals or a "minature" large enough to explode realistically. But it would actually have added nothing to the story, and may have detracted from it. (If they had stayed with the father and the house they would have had to cheat more blatantly to make his fate ambiguous. Cutting to Melinda in the SUV gave him "time" to get to a safe distane and light some kind of fuse.)

By sticking to Melinda's viewpoint they made it possible to establish the "fact" of the explosion for the cost of a few gallons of gasoline and a sound-effect added in post, plus the neglible cost of the "ruins" which they would probably would have had to build anyway.

Gene L. Coon, line producer on ST:TOS, used to tell writers, "Your production problems can be solved more cheaply and easily in the typewriter than on the set." I think that this was a great example of that idea in action, of a kind of "smart writing" that rarely gets noticed.

Regards,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Not destined to be added to my must-see, Christmas tradition list of episodes, but not bad. In fact, while I appreciate that almost every show I watch had a Christmas episode this year, none of them have that quality to them. They're either too tied to the arc, like Chuck and Journeyman, or just not that enduring, like this episode of GW.

Two more episodes to go. I think they are Dec. 28 and Jan. 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks