What's new

Ghost Recon Udaate not much improvement (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I finally did the Update to GR tonight. I notice no improvement . I still Have problems connecting to games, games I get into Lag all over the place, and I still get alot of game no longer availables, also it still locks up connecting alot as well. As much as I liked this game (when I could Play) I'm gonna trade it toward one of the new Baseball games coming. I hope Counterstrike and eventually Raven Shield are released in better shape.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I wish they updated that trick with the binoculars letting you shoot someone all the way across the map. It's just unrealistic. The gun shouldn't be in the same position as you were in with the binocs, you couldn't replicate that in real life to such an exactness. It basically takes away from the usefulness of using a sniper rifle. Not that I see people doing it that much, but I imagine it will catch on like the mad cat on MA.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Actually, I quite like that trick because it cuts down on campers in some of the bigger levels. To me there is nothing more frustrating than playing with several people who just hole up somewhere with a sniper rifle and sit there the entire game picking people off. You get one or two guys doing that and then suddenly everyone is afraid of moving around and the game grinds basically to a halt as people find a hidey-hole, hunker down, and wait for the other guy to make a move. Bo-ring. I prefer the games where everyone is moving around, going from cover to cover, trying flanking manuevers, etc.

Since the binoc-to-rifle trick is only good against a stationary target, it's the perfect thing to root out a pesky sniper and keep them moving. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
The patch made a HUGE improvement for me. I used to search 10-12 times before finding a game, but now I get at least 4 each search. I prefer the solo missions and could never find one in the past. Seems like the patch worked for about half and made no difference for the other half.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Dave, I guess that's where we have to disagree. A sniper has to be stationary or else he won't be effective at all. It mimics real life to a tee. If you are good then try and backtrack and then get behind him and blast him (a sniper only has about a 180 degree field of vision). In real life a cursor doesn't magically stay put on a target while you switch.

Sounds like you'd enjoy SOCOM a lot though, sniping on that was a pain in the ass and tough to do, the game favored run and gun by a long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks