Ghost Recon Problems on Live

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RayKk, Jan 5, 2003.

1. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

I still cant find a game for Recon in Live, it keeps telling me there is no one one, does anybody else have this problem, so far the only way I can get on is through an invite.

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

3. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Romier

4. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Why not just start a game? If you do people will join.

5. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

I did start a game and still waiting!

6. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

I start games all the time when I can't find any and usually get at least someone. Maybe it's a problem with your ISP?

7. hwshi

hwshi Stunt Coordinator

raykk, here's a few things you can try:
    start your own game if nobody is joining start the game and quit back to the start screen ,this seems to help.
    change the parameters in optimatch.one that seems to work for me is max players 12,min players 3.play around with the settings and hopefully something comes up.took me about 7 tries last night to find games in the lobby.
    good luck.

8. Parker

Parker Agent

have heard you have the best search success if you put in 6 minimum players, 12 max. this is supposed to give you the best results.

9. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

Do you guys want to get a game going Saturday night Jan 11, who ever wants to get in to it say so and name a time you would like to start` my ISP is very good and I can host alot of people, if IM not on your freinds list, add me.
    Tag: Goggles Pizzano

10. MattJS

MattJS Extra

Ray,

I'll give it a shot....but I have not even played it yet. I just got it...if you don't mind sharing a few tips with a noob, I'm in...

BTW, I am usually pretty good with FPS and TPS games...

11. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

MattJS not a problem if your not very good, IM getting better at the game and IM no where close to being great, myself I like to lay low and look around very carefully, I find having binoculars is a great advantage the only problem with that is I have go give up a weapon in order to have it with my equipment pack, sniper rifle is great and other weapons you can zoom in a little more, your selection of equipment depends on what type of strategy you want to use in the given scenario.
    Make sure you read the pre briefings so you know what type of equipment your soldiers should have, eg: if you need a piece of special equipment such as rockets or detonation devices I myself will hold the soldier back from the other guys until I need him or I will have a second soldier equipped with the same device in case the other guy gets killed, it all comes back to how you want to setup your strategy, I like use the thinking of WHAT WHEN AND WHERE but that can change in a split second so have a back up plan, IVE had success and IVE been blowen to rat shit.