Ghost Recon lockups and dirty disc errors

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron Brewster, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Aaron Brewster

Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one out there having problems with this game. When I first got I didn't see any lockups or dirty disc errors, but I have started to see them more frequently. Last night I could hardly get thru a co-op live game with out a lockup or dirty disc error. Anybody out there know anything about this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

You might want to try the boiling the disc thing. Search for it, it really works.

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

There are many threads on dirty disc errors, with a few possible solutions. A quick search should yield a few hits.

-Dave

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Aaron saw you playing a bit tonight, thankfully I found Bryan PPH2 to give me a short walkthru a mission, my first online. I've gotten frozen a few times, never dirty disk error thou. Seems like the Online code for GR is not as strong as the other games, I have no problem with Unreal or MA, too bad really cause once you do get going GR really i a great game, probably the most under appreciated of the Live launch. This game really screams for dedicated MS Servers thou. P2P does'nt serve this game well.

5. Mark_Arelius

Mark_Arelius Auditioning

Yes I have had the same troubles , another title my XBox didnt like very much was Outlaw Golf, after renting like three differant discs I just gave up

6. Aaron Brewster

Well Guys,

I found my solution. After returning gr for another copy I got the same errors with the new one. I boiled the new disc, problems got worse. Did some research and it seems that that lasers on the first run xboxs weren't quite up to par so they were replaced in the second run xboxs. I sold my old xbox and got a new one. Problem resolved.

Thanks for all your help guys.