What's new

Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm Playstation 2 Exclusive? (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I noticed there is a new Ghost Recon game coming out for the Playstation 2 and it's online but will there be a XBOX version released too?. I also noticed how Ghost Recon: Island Thunder for the XBOX isnt on any other system but also doesn't have any Only On Xbox label on the cover. If it's exclusive to the Playstation 2 than I have no problem picking it up, but if there is an XBOX version I rather get that one since it will be much better online. Anyone else hear anything about this game?.

-Mike

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The new PS2 game essentially includes most, if not all of the content from Ghost Recon: Island Thunder for the Xbox (In fact it could be considered a port if not for the changes outlined further down). This includes levels from the original game, the Island Thunder expansion and levels from the second expansion pack Desert Siege.

The PS2 game will also feature an all-new single-player campaign that will take place immediately following the events that took place in Island Thunder. According to Ubi there are no current plans to release these level on any future Ghost Recon product therefore making them exclusive (for now). Ubi also plans to implement over 160 voice commands (ala Rainbow Six and Socom) that you can issue to your AI troops using the PS2 headset. Online play will also feature voice support. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread