What's new

Ghost Recon : IT - Saturday Night! (1 Viewer)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Well, I picked up Ghost Recon : Island Thunder and I'm ready to go tonight.

As usual, I will host a 12 man game for us. Seeing as how I just got it, I don't have anything unlocked, but it should be fun on these new maps.

Game time starts at : 9PM EST

Make sure you've added me to your friends list if you want to play.

Important!
If you're online and you DON'T get an invite from me, please send an invite to me, this way I'll know you're online, and I'll invite you into the game.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Chris,

Can I participate as a roaming target?

I am pretty good at the single-player game, but found that my skills are sorely lacking on Live since I've only been on for a month. But I would love to play if you guys will have me.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Anyone is welcome. I think hopefully we'll get enough for a full game. If not, we'll whoop on the computer some. :)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Chris and James, had a great time... we definitely need to do that again!

For those of you who haven't purchased the new Ghost Recon yet, GET IT NOW! There are a ton of new maps and weapons available right from the start for Xbox Live, no need to unlock anything. They have also made some graphical improvements, the sound is better, and I personally think the single-player game is a little tougher than the original GR.

James St

Supporting Actor
I did as well Jason. From some of the games I played Sunday though, it doesn't look like the spawn camping issue has been addressed at all. With a leaderboard in this version it seems to have gotten worse. :frowning:

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
There are several fences in Island Thunder - some you can hide behind and shoot through.

If that is not enough, just think how you will feel when you log onto Live and see twelve of us blasting away at each other two or three nights in a row!

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Tuesday Night

9PM EST - Tuesday, August 12 - Ghost Recon - Island Thunder

Come for the fun. Stay for the KILLIN'!

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
There may still be some issues, but this game is totally worth the purchase if you have Xbox Live. There are, I think, 19 maps immediately available without unlocking anything. All of the soldiers have multiple new weapons available (AK-47, SR-25, etc.) again not requiring unlocking, the sound is improved and the gameplay is still awesome!

PPH2 - you just missed some group play last night with Merlot and I... you were on when I first went into the dashboard but left before we started playing.

Chris - I don't know if I can make it by 9ET, but I will try to get on around 10 or so...

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
9PM it is boys. :)

Looks like we'll have a bunch of players on tonight.

I'm still making it private, so you guys know the rules. No spawn camping, and no shooting the host. ;)

We'll discuss other settings in-game at 9PM.

James St

Supporting Actor
Can anyone confirm this? Everywhere else says there are only 8 new maps and 4 retreads for a toal of 12.
The 8 new maps mentioned are for the single player campaign which are also used for Live. There are also the small multiplayer specific maps which were never really mentioned by Ubi. I was pleasantly surprised by this. Plus the box says 5 new maps will be offered via download in 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks