What's new

Ghost Recon: Holy What a step up from Rogue Spear!pear (1 Viewer)

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Has anybody played the demo? Man, this thing rocks. Too bad I only have a 400MHz computer. The physics and the textures are superb. The sound is also cool with the new batch of weapons we haven't seen yet in previous RS games. If there was a reason to upgrade my stinking machine this would be it.

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
I was a LONG time fan of Rogue Spear (And still am, and I was of Rainbow Six as well) and I dislike the new game honestly. It's impossible to see the enemy, and in MULTIPLAYER good LUCK trying to discern who's foe and who's friend. The GUNS are much more realistic which I enjoy, and I like the environment..it's just a mixed back. I enjoy it and I don't.
Some of the levels are INCREDIBLE, there is a Bosnia level where you go through the streets with your squad and and the streets are all torn up. It has a very vietnam war feel to it in other levels.
I give it a
8/10.
I give Rogue Spear a 10/10.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Excellent demo and I am looking forward to getting the full game. This game is a monster to run at high rez though ( I cant play anything at less than 1280X1024 anymore :) )
There are some AI issues in the game but not enough to really get in the way of the fun. I am so glad they got rid of the planning phase. I like the on the fly planning in the game and I feel it makes it much more dynamic. All in all this game is sweet!
PS. If you haventalready downloaded it go get the Aquanox demo that was released. I downloaded it last night and its the first game that really put my Geforce 3 through its paces! Very nice.
[Edited last by Romier S on November 14, 2001 at 10:39 PM]

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
What are your system specs? I have an Athlon 1.33 and 450 megs of SDRAM and a Geforce 2 GTS and I couldn't run the game at anything above 1024x768. Literally, it was unplayable, not dropping frames, it just moved at about 1FPS.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Thats a problem Matty,
I have:
P3 700
256mb ram
Elsa Geforce 3
30gig HD
I assume you are talking about Ghost Recon here. I was running the game at 1280X1024 16 bit color with most options set to high and was getting well over 35-40 fps in the game. Only slowdown was when I got into some of the houses or a bunch of enemies were around. Also there is a bit of Polygonal tearing (for lack of a better word) in the houses. I'm hoping this is just indicative of the demo and not the full game.
If you mean Aquanox. I was running that at 1024X768 with all options set to high and 2x AA on and was playing at what felt like 50-60 FPS with almost no slowdown. This game I can understand maybe running really slow since it is very enhanced with specific DX8 graphics (vertex shaders, pixel shaders). If you aretalking about this game you may want to turn some of the graphic options like dynamiclighting off.
I dont know what the problem could be besides that. What OS are you running?
[Edited last by Romier S on November 15, 2001 at 12:51 PM]

Shawn O

Stunt Coordinator
Really glad to hear that the planning stage is no more.No more waypoints to organize...WHOOHOO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks