1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Recon for Game Cube - tips?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LarryDavenport, Jun 11, 2003.

1. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I just bought Ghost Recon for the GC because I thought it had got a high review from IGN, only to realize that it had actually only got a 4.5 (Splinter Cell got the 9.1) Anyway I'm stuck with it and want to get the most out of it.

It's a lot tougher than your typical FPS and I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some free pointers (I don't want to pay to be a IGN Insider).

I am playing on recruit level and I can't figure out how to keep 5 out of 6 guys alive (even though I finished all the tasks in the first mission).

2. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

Always crouch, never stand tall.

Take two snipers, one for each team if you can.

Move in small increments, use rifle-zoom to look around, move some more.

These are basic tips, but will get you far. [​IMG]

3. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

Kind of cheap, but saving often and using trial and error is a great way to get through tough missions. Save the game, run into a firefight and take notice of where the troops are, then re-load your previous game with the knowledge you just gained.

I'm assuming the GC version includes unlimited saves, I've only played the XBox version.

4. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Do you think Ghost Recon is good training for Splinter Cell, or are they too different?

5. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit