What's new

Ghost problems (1 Viewer)

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
I recently installed Ghost 2003 on my PC and am having trouble "Ghosting" my computer to my external USB hard drive.

Everything is fine during the Windows portion of the backup and when it reboots it recognizes the external HD. When it gets to the Ghost DOS interface however, it just freezes for a few minutes. It then boots to XP and (obviously) reports that the operation failed.

I have the internal HD formatted to NTFS and it's 80GB. The external HD is formatted to FAT32 and is 120GB.

Any ideas on what's going on??

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried creating bootable Ghost diskettes, booting up with them, and running Ghost from the floppy disk to ghost the PC HD to the USB HD?

When you create the bootable Ghost diskettes, you might have to play around with the USB support options.

Ari

Stunt Coordinator

No I haven't. I've just been following the instructions on the Wizard. I'll give your suggestion a try tomorrow (late evening here in Asia). Thanks!!

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
I just tried Ghosting from the boot disk and it still doesn't work. I used USB1 drivers just to be safe (my HD and PC are USB2.0) but Ghost wouldn't see the portable HD.

I'll do an uninstall/reinstall tomorrow and see if that works (it better)....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks