What's new

Ghost of Mars (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I just read somewhere that they announced the DVD already, is this true? I thought this was an awesome movie and TOTALLY underrated. I recommend this too any Resident Evil fans. One thing this movie had over any Blockbuster movie was pacing. I hope more people will go see this film and I hope the ones that did feel the same way as I did. Also, if this was announced, any details on features? Would they give an SE treatment to a film that has done poorly in the Box office?
P.S. Just on a side note, anyone know how much it cost them to make this flick?

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Both DVD File and Digital Bits list it as coming out December 4th. No other information was given.
Frank
------------------
movie.jpg
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
What advantages are there to releasing this film early on DVD?
Cause nobody is seeing the film now in theaters, so maybe releasing it to DVD three and a half months after it comes out, more people (than the very few who saw it in the theaters) might purchase it. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
The advantage? Just like every other short theatrical to home video window... Get it out before people forget the film and no longer care about the release. :)
O should be announced withing the next two weeks, since the films been on the shelf for two years already...
Daniel L

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Daniel,
The difference between Ghosts of Mars and O is that O is an excellent piece of cinema and Ghost of Mars is one of the worst movies I've seen all year.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I for one will buy this one. I agree that it was underrated. It was definately a fun film and it has a Carpenter feel to it.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
It's a definite purchase for me too. I just hope it has a Carpenter commentary with either Henstridge or Ice Cube. I think it'd be pretty fun to listen to.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Was this better than "John Carpenter's VAMPIRES"> Vampires was definitely a wannabe b-flick horror. After watching vampires, I was begining to think that Carpenter was losing his touch.
Elbert

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Vampires wasn't a horrible film in my opinion, but it was no where near a great flick. Ghost of Mars on the other hand was a great flick in my opinion. The action could of used a little work but everything else was pretty much on the money. Ice Cube is impressing me everytime now, he did a great job of Three Kings and was very good in Ghost of Mars. The cast was good, action was good, pacing was awesome. Pacing is so underrated, why do you think Pearl Harbor sucked? It could have been a great 2 hour movie but instead a dragging 3 hour show. I hope they do go full out on the DVD. It deserves a second look.(or mostly a first one)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks