What's new

Ghost in the Shell Innocence (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just curious what the lastest on this is? ALso,k when is the DVD release planned for other regions. I just assume it will be on DVD before it steps into North American Theatres. Also, a review would be amazing if anyone has seen it.
THank you

Ralph Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
The release date for the region 2 DVD hasn't been announced yet; the film has only been in Japanese theaters for about a month. It should be released in North American theaters before the region 2 DVD comes out.

If you're interested in a review, Midnight Eye (midnighteye.com) recently posted a very thorough review of this film.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Well I just read that the movie will be playing at the Cannes Film Festival!!! This is a good sign indeed. Although I still doubt that it will get a wide spread release.
Thanks

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
According to the reviewer at midnighteye.com (nice review btw). DREAMWORKS has already acquired distribution rights for "Innocence", and it will be most likely released 6 months after the Japanese release, which was a few weeks ago...so we're looking at probably Oct/Nov timeframe. That's insanely good news, because at the very least we'll get a DREAMWORKS DVD out of this whole thing, which is always nice, and hopefully a limited theatrical run for those fortunate to live in the larger markets like NY/LA/SF etc.

I can't wait! :emoji_thumbsup:

-Dennis

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
While I am happy with the Dreamworks thing I personally would have preferred Columbia since they did such a fine job on Metropolis and Bebop. I also can't help but feel that the DVD release will be delayed a couple of times cause it will decent in theatres, but never get widespread. I am almost positive this movie does not have the general fan base or acceptance that films like Princess Mon had or Spirited Away even. I guess Cannes just might deceide the release pattern.
Thanks

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just curious if there has been any updates on any DVD region releases, or perhaps even an American theaterical release?
Thanks

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Curious on how wide of a release that would be or should we expect something Cowboy Bebop release?
THanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks