What's new

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Today is this movie's big release overseas. I was just curious as to where I could go to see reviews on it?
Thank you

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Not sure, but the 6 minute quicktime preview I downloaded a few weeks ago sure looked impressive. :) It's a nice blending of CG and cel animation. I have no idea what the story is about in this one since i haven't read the manga, but it definitely looks VERY cool.

It's pretty high profile as far as anime goes in terms of the U.S. market, because of the growing cult following that the original GITS has built up over the last 8 years since it's release here. I expect this one to be released, on some limited scale, in theaters here...but who knows when??

Sooner rather than later would be my preference... :)

If I manage to find some reviews, I'll report back. I expect some enthused freak on AICN will be panting about how awesome it is in the next couple of weeks...though I know not to take any of that info. seriously...

-Dennis

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Applesead looks interesting and good looking, but mostly just a blow'em up type flick. I expect so much more from Ghost on many levels. Even if so how the film did suck, just look at the trailers and ackownledge that this is probably the best quality of animation we've seen to date. Still waitng for reviews, think they would come blasting out in some form or another.
Thanks

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
I only seen 1 trailer for the movie and (just in case) Motoko Kusanagi wasn't in it at all.
What gives?

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
What's wrong with blowin' stuff up? ;)

Eh, I'll probably check out both anyway and comparing the two without having seen either is probably silly.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I'm waiting for season 1 of GHOST IN THE SHELL STAND ALONE COMPLEX TV series to come to DVD this summer, but I do want to see the new GITS movie (because the first GITS movie was good and I love the magna).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the link, but I take everything from Aint It Cool News with a hefty grain of salt. ;)

That doesn't mean Innocence won't be good (considering it's made by the same people, it's likely to be quite good), just that AICN's say-so doesn't make it so.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That's true of any review, tho, no matter what the source. I sometimes take Ebert with a grain of salt as well...

Jason

John Doran

Screenwriter
well, thankfully, i take absolutely every review with one gigantic, mountain-sized grain of salt....

i hope this one will hit me as hard as the original ghost in the shell....

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Any individual review isn't going to tell you how good or bad a movie is.

Generally, I read reviews to get other details (e.g. general plot, setting, overall quality of photography, production values, etc.). However if I want to know if a movie is good or bad, I take all the reviews together (e.g. rottentomatoes.com metacritic.com), then combine that with word of mouth from my friends. :)

Although I will say I take Ebert with a little more salt than I would for any other reviewer. I like his writing and sometimes he comes up with off-the-wall observations, but I often disagree with his overall views of any given movie.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
It seems weird to me that I haven't heard much about this film still. Has it Bombed? I would think that a huge fuss would be made since it's probably one of the biggest Anime releases ever(IMO). Anyone hear seen it?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks