Ghost in the Shell 2

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chad Ferguson, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Just curious if anyone has bought this title today? Perhaps a review if you could cause I can not find one anywhere. Also, any chance they included english subs?

2. Asif

Asif Auditioning

Nope, no English subs and that's probably the main reason why there aren't many reviews out there.

3. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Thanks for the reply, guess it was just wishful thinking. I heard rumors that a limited edition 5 disc set was coming out today as well. What can you do on fice discs for an Anime?
    Thanks

4. Demetri K

Demetri K Stunt Coordinator

Actually I bought it today. I havent watched it but I did see it in the theater a while back. It is an excellent flick but if you dont know japanese stay away as the storyline gets confusing. I dont know why they decided to leave out the subs. The first ghost in the shell has english subs over here. On almost all versions of it. I believe appleseed will as well. Go figure!!!!

5. Ralph Jenkins

Ralph Jenkins Stunt Coordinator

I just found out that the Innocence (Ghost in the Shell 2) DOG BOX has been delayed until October 20th because more time is needed to make the music boxes that will be coming with this import DVD set. So, although I ordered it, I won't be getting my copy until next month.

I'm guessing the subs were left out to deter people outside of Japan from importing the DVD. Dreamworks doesn't start rolling this out theatrically in the U.S. until late September.

6. Demetri K

Demetri K Stunt Coordinator

BUt Appleseed will most definately have english subs(when I saw it in the theater over here it did. And that will be released in the US. I bet in a couple months there will be a innocence international version. They do that alot here.