What's new

Ghost in the Shell 2 replacement program launched (1 Viewer)

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
Compared to how badly Miramax has FUBARed HK titles, I'd say DreamWorks has done fine...

Face it, it was an accident, they rectified the situation as best they could at a pretty good expense.

Benson R

Supporting Actor

They still screwed up the replacement program. Sure the mailer works, but they cant even get proper corrected versions out to the stores.

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
*Grumble*. Didn't even get the mailer to send the disc back yet. I filled out the form in the first couple of days that it appeared... Hmmm...

Kain_C

Screenwriter

Nope. It was either negligence or apathy. I think it's the latter because QC would have probably noticed improper subtitles on a movie with ONLY SPOKEN JAPANESE as a language.

And had they recalled the disc, then YES, it would have been as you described as a pretty expense.

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I've heard the rumors of people buying V4 discs and getting CC instead of subs. Those who HAVE the messed up disc, not those with hearsay, please write me. I asked Go Fish and they want to hear from these folks, but I'm not going to unleash a tidal wave on them.

Write me if you bought a V4 disc and still have the closed captions - [email protected]

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
So, I have filled out the form 3 times, Feb 8th (roughly), february 26, and more recently on the 13th. I have not recieved a email, or a mailer. Am I doing something totally wrong, or am I just an idiot?

Anybody know how to contact dreamworks by email or phone?

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I FINALLY got one of these replacement things. I filled out 3, but never did gat an email response. No matter which one they responded to, it certainly took more than 3 weeks to get my mailer.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I got my mailer today. I think I sent them the request like a week ago. I didn't expect it so soon. Now I need to go buy the disc!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

If you still haven't gotten it, fill out the form again. I had the same thing happen and I filled it out again, got the mailer like 2 days later. I sent it in, and surprisingly got the confirmation e-mail the next day.

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Thanks, John. I actually went back online a day or two after that post and submitted the form again. We'll see...

Andy

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Got my replacement yesterday, fired it up and I am happy now. Much better with the subs than the CC.:emoji_thumbsup:

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Just got the mailer yesterday. Thanks for the offer CaseyL, but it looks like it worked out after all. Here's hoping for a quick turnaround from Universal.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I found a copy of Innocence today at Tower Records with the V4 on it. For anyone looking, its actually on the top to the case where the seal is, not the spine. It says the title then V4 next to it.

However, it seems that the disc inside is still the closed captioned one! So for those who have the corrected versions, I have some questions to verify if I have the corrected version. At the very beginning, when the guy in the helicoptor-vehicle is flying by, does it say [helicopter approaching]? Then when Batou is walking down the dark alley, is says [faint footsteps]. When people open car doors, it goes [car door opens]. This type of description seems excessive and is all through the movie. So I think they are still messed up.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
You still have the wrong one. As has been posted in quite a few places, the V4 seen in stores is not fixed at all. You'll still have to use the webform and request a replacement mailer. The fixed version has no sound effect captioning at all.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
now here is a killer...

on my gits2 dvd was v4 written on the security sticker but the movie itself doesn't contain the english subs. there is also no v4 on the spine,only the number 91757. now i wanted to use the return mailer but that wont work be cause it's for canadian and u.s. citizen only.

thank you so much dreamworks for letting your international costumers down :thumbsdown:

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I bought Innocence on the weekend from BB and it had the V4 on the sticker. It's not the fixed version so I have just filled in the form for a mailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks