GF4 problem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Scott L, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I made the mistake of getting the new video driver from Windows Update rather than nVidia's site. So now I can't play games. When they begin they run WAY too choppy, instead of frames per second I get 10 seconds per frame. I press ctrl+alt+del, the game minimizes and the audio and the game seems to run just fine. When I put it back onto the desktop it gets all crapped out again. Here's what I did:

- Uninstalled the display drivers and re-installed the official ones from nVidia's website

- Tried Single View, clone view, and dual view

- Tried MOH:AA and COD

Nothing seems to work. Thought about resetting everything in the bios but I never altered anything video-wise so that's probably no use.

Looks like I'll have to rip open my old computer and slap the Radeon 7500 in this PC, install it and see if that works. Any other help or suggestions? [​IMG]

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Yea thanks for all the help

[​IMG]

Just kidding, note to self: don't buy the cheapest card with the chipset you're looking for. Seems the GF4 exploded when I was playing a game, now I have problems opening the Start menu.

Anyone have a 9700 Pro they wanna sell?

3. Greg Rakaska

Greg Rakaska Stunt Coordinator

Try using Driver Cleaner

Be sure to follow the instructions carefully. This utility has a good reputation on the net. It will remove all the old nvidia stuff left behind from previous installs. You can then install the nVida drivers you want.

Hope this helps [​IMG]