What's new

Getting VOOM and keeping DirecTv (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam R. Aucoin

Stunt Coordinator
I posted this in two forums: TV/Displays and Tweaks, Connections, as it seems it fits in both and I don't want to miss out on experts in both forums having an opportunity to respond.

I currently have DirecTv and will keep it because of the TIVO compatability with DirecTv.

Next week, I am getting VOOM set up as well (right now, they are WAIVING installation cost - over $400 - and charging ONLY monthly rental of $9.50 plus programming; really, quite a deal).

Problem: I have a Hitachi plasma display with only ONE DVI input. My current Hughes HT-HDL DirecTv receiver has a DVI output. So far, so good. One DVI output, so I only need one DVI input.

But when VOOM comes aboard, I will then have TWO DVI outputs - one from the Hughes and one from the VOOM receiver.

Question 1: How (if possible) do I connect both receivers using the DVI input for my TV?

Question 2: If I CAN connect both, how do I "toggle" back and forth between the two receivers? I am certain that there will be certain overlapping channels, so how will my receivers and TV "know" which one I want to watch at any given time?

I hope the above makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Regards,

Sam

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
How about something like This? It even has a remote! The TV won't decide which channels to display. You will have to select your station on either the Hughes or the Voom reciever and it will be displayed by the TV (via DVI).

BTW. Do you still have to pay for the Voom hardware?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Sam. Please dont post the same question in multiple fourms. It should get answers in either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks