1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting to know my RP91

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Billy Fogerty, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty Stunt Coordinator

Got this player this past tuesday. After fooling with the fantastic menues and options, this has to be the best progressive player on the market right now. The picture that it gives on my 56H80 is so good, it is amazing. Older non anamorphic discs take on a whole new look. It is like watching them for the first time. I was skeptical at first. After reading what was said about this player, I took the plunge. I'm glad I did. I bought it for $419 at Etronics. Recieved it less than 24 hrs later. The auto scaling feature is truly amazing. If you guys want to see really amazing progressive scan, get this player. You won't be sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Geoff MK

Geoff MK Extra

I just ordered the RP91 to go with my 57h81. It's good to hear someone with a similar setup to report good results. Did you calibrate your TV using AVIA? What speakers do you have?
    Geoff

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

I have my RP91 hooked up to a Toshiba 42H81 and I'm very happy with the picture right now. Of course, there are a million things I want to tweak to improve the image even more, but all in good time, I guess. All in good time.
    If you have not already dones so, be sure to check out the Panasonic RP91 FAQ located in the Forum archives. There's a lot of good and *useful* information in there that can help you get the most out of your new DVD player.
    ------------------
    -J.Fo
    "Why do I always get a warped one?"