What's new

Getting the Panasonic DVD-RV31 Dvd Player... (1 Viewer)

John Torrez

Second Unit
I read reviews online and the reviews seem to be favorable. I have a question though, if I want to get 5.1 sound using that player in the future I am gonna need an amplifier right? Or will I not be able to get 5.1 sound at all?
Edited to add: This is my first dvd player that I have bought for myself, so I need all the help I can get. The reason I asked about the amp is that when I read about this player it said something about it not getting 5.1 sound from the player so that's why I aksed if I can get 5.1 sound if I use an amp together with this player.
[Edited last by John Torrez on August 09, 2001 at 05:31 PM]

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
If you just used an amplifier, probably not. But if you mean a receiver when you say "amp", and your receiver has DD/DTS decoders in it (which most modern A/V receivers do), then you will get 5.1. What the RV31 lacks (AFAIK) is an on-board DD/DTS decoder, with 6 analog outputs. This makes sense, as most people buying DVD players already have receivers which do the decoding, so there's no sense in putting a decoder on the DVD player and increasing its cost.
Hope that helps.

John Torrez

Second Unit
Oops. I did mean to say reciever, sorry.
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks