Getting ready to drywall... any last minute advice?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wade H, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Wade H

Wade H Extra

Well, the subject just about covers it. I'm doing the electrical tomorrow, running low voltage stuff and insulation this weekend. Monday I plan on starting the drywall process! Just thought I'd ask for a few last minute suggestions! (fyi it is a basement HT)

2. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

Are you doing the install and or finishing? This tip works good for pros or DIYS. When pre-routing your wires,where ever a wire will come through, attach a strip of cardboard between the studs, route the wire through it and mark it clearly. This will tell the drywallers exactly where the wires will exit (i.e. speakers, lighting). Make sure you leave PLEANTY of wire to feed through.(Its easier to cut then to add). If you are routing for future equip., keep a detailed drawing of where the wires exist behind the wall.

Remember keep your power line and av lines seperated. 6 or more inches. If they must cross, try to run them perpendicular to avoid interference.

Plan for the future.

Bill

3. Wade H

Wade H Extra

Good advice, I'm actually having somebody else do the drywall and finishing. I would attempt it, but it would take me a loooooong time to complete it myself. I've been in this house 1.5 years or so and I have just completed the framing! It's time to throw this thing into high gear and get it finished! Thanks.