What's new

Getting random green spots on TV. (1 Viewer)

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Hi,

I've got a Sony Trinitron that's pretty old. Recently I've noticed that every few minutes or so (sometimes sooner), different spots of the TV (predominantly the corners) would turn green for about 1 second and then fade to normal. Sometimes it will flash as a wave or bar as wide as the TV. These "flashes" last for about a second and if you're not watching carefully you might not even notice. Its the same kind of green that a TV gets when a magnet is placed beside it. There are no speakers or any other magnetic objects beside it.

What's causing this phenomenon and is a matter of time before my TV dies?

Thanks

Andy

frank-m

Auditioning
Hi, i've hung around the tv repair shop of old friend for a while now .mostly they say "could be picture tube ,horizontal output etc . may not be one thing or another till looked at.usually ,their repairs consist of bad solder joints caused by manufact. process,material used,design of board. these break down more as heat is generated ,then the components (more break down as tv is still played in bad state) ,usually its the capacitors ,transistors ,resistors,etc.
what i suggest is for a checkout charge you get a good tv fixed instead of buying a new tv,especially light weight junkie brands . fix is usually 50.00 to 90.00 here if.....its not a tube going bad.
the best advice is leave it off and fix it before a potential heat /causing more components to go bad,situation happens ,causing a higher repair bill!
i will get a more specific answer 4u when i see them monday if possible.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks