Getting Organic with SVS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Zimmer, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Jun 30, 1997
    I'd been meaning to try out some pipe organ music on my SVS 16PC-46 for some time to see what would happen and what ungodly lows might be present. This became a particular goal after doing the driver upgrade recently.
    Finally got around to it the other night, and tried Bach Complete Organ Works vol. 1 played by Ton Koopman on Telarc. Whoa! Butter smooth, all the way down to gut-punching. Effortless, no straining despite my constantly bracing myself for something to creak or give at high output levels.
    Even if you're not necessarily a Bach fan, if you have an SVS 16-46 it's worth a trip to the library to get one of these CDs and see what really musical lows can sound like. Fun! [​IMG]
  2. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

Feb 6, 2001
    I bought the Koopman DVD-A with the sole intent of pushing my SVS down low. It's really amazing how realistic it sounds. Loud, deep, and accurate. Thank you SVS.
  3. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jun 2, 2001
    Just read that wrong at first. ;^)
    Anyway, on your topic, another super way to get some stellar musical bass to test your system is this one here:
    Michael Murray's Organ Blaster Sampler
    As long as you have your speakers set to "small" most Dolby Digital receivers will send the deep bass to your sub even in stereo (this is a CD after all, not a DVD).
    This is the stuff that separates true subwoofers from pretenders that's for sure.
    You can actually see the sorts of bass on this and some other music recordings in the waterfall charts Tom Vodhanel did here.
  4. John Cain

John Cain Second Unit

Nov 19, 2000
    Thx for the info on this CS, I'm getting one ASAP!!