Getting new toaster (vcr) Any diff in quality anymore? (jvc,sony,panny)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Farley, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

So It's time to get another vcr. S-vhs isn't important, but would be nice for time shifting. My friend bought a 400 dollar sony unit in 1993, but it seems as if you can't buy good vcrs now. (gee, I wonder why?) The jvc's look good, but are they necessarily any better than the panasonics? We had a sony for 2 days; it was so noisy during tape operations we brought it back; hitting play made an awful noise. Whadda u think?

2. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Kevin, you can get SVHS units for ~$250 now. I find Mitsubishi to make very good SVHS units. Even if you are just using this for time shifting, SVHS is good enough that you will come very close to telecast quality.

3. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Agent

The subject of this thread made me laugh, thanks!

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

If your looking to get a "GOOD" VHS VCR that's like the ones built in the "OLD" days, take a look at the Panasonic AG Simi-Pro Line. The regular VHS HI-FI model AG2570 goes for around $330 check www.jandr.com for it. Panasonic also has an S-VHS "AG" model that goes for around $300 Check them out they are both well built VCR's if that's what your looking for?

5. MikeSh

MikeSh Stunt Coordinator

I'm not a big fan of my JVC S-VHS machine. Sorry, I forget the model #. It is the one w/o the s-video plug in the front, the slightly higher model has an s-video plug in front.

I can't recommend JVC.

MikeS.

6. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Kevin, I recently bought the Panasonic 4522 for my bedroom. It's a standard (non S-VHS) 4 head hi-fi stereo VCR. For $80 I have no complaints....toasts bread just fine! [​IMG]
    Vin