What's new

Getting movies to play in Korea.... (1 Viewer)

Aaron E. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron E. Willson-Smith
Howdy folks,

A friend of mine asked me a favor and, being the home theater fanatic among my friends, I felt I just had to try and fulfill his request. The problem is that this what he needs is somewhat narrow.

He is in Korea and would like the films to be dubbed into Korean with English subtitles. The films can be on either VCR or DVD, that apparently doesn't matter, although they would have to play on a Korean VCR of DVD player of course. The two films are: Reds & The Way We Were.

Does anyone have some leads for me? I'm a little stumped about where I can search for him, but I figured that if anyone out there can help me--and make me look like a hero
:b --it would be you guys!

HomeTheaterForum RULES!!!!!

Brian E

Screenwriter
Well, S. Korea uses NTSC IIRC so if you can find a VHS of what you want he should be ok. The DVD region code for S. Korea is Region 3 so unless he's got a region free player that's what you need to look for. Hong Kong is also Region 3 so you're best shot might be trying an online HK shop that also sells Western films like DDDHouse. If DDDHouse doesn't have what you want they are fairly quick to respond to emails & can tell you if it's even available.

FWIW the R1 DVD of The Way We Were has Korean subs IIRC, but no dub. As far as I know Reds isn't available on DVD anywhere.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I have a lot of experience with Korean DVDs and I can't recall of any case where an American film was dubbed into Korean. All the ones I have seen are subtitled into Korean but not dubbed.

Jeff

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Actually, the one exception to this is animation. Things like Finding Nemo are indeed dubbed into Korean.

Jeff

Aaron E. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron E. Willson-Smith
Hey guys,

Sorry for the slow response, but I wanted to thank everyone for your information. I'm going to pass this on to my friend and maybe get him to come over and post a follow-up.

Thanks for your help! If anyone has any other leads I should pass on, please don't hesitate to post.

All the best>

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks