getting KILLED in MechAssault!!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ian_Fisher, May 10, 2003.

1. Ian_Fisher

Ian_Fisher Stunt Coordinator

MAN! I just got X-Box Live yesterday, and decided to kick a little butt online. I get slaughtered! I don't get it! I've played Quake and Unreal, so I'm no novice when it comes to fragging people.

What mechs do you guys suggest trying out?

2. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

MadCat or Ragnarock

3. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

There's a funny article on online gaming in the new GMR. The guy was playing mechassault and he remarked that he was getting blasted something fierce in that game, so I wouldn't feel too bad.

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

lol mech assault takes practice but you will get the hang of it. When goup play first started half the people had just got the game and were ok at it. Now everyone kicks butt. Time and patience. learn a few mechs you like and stick with em

capt

5. Christopher Cheadle

Christopher Cheadle Stunt Coordinator

I agree with the good Capt; when I first got MA, I stunk it up something bad. I think my death to kill ratio was somewhere in the 20:1 space. Now, I feel that I can hold my own, but it does take lots of practice. That said, I am still not nearly as good as a lot of people from this forum.

6. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I agree with Joey, MA takes patience and practice. I'm a newbie to it and I'm still getting killed a lot. The biggest tip I can give you is that although the game is in third person view it plays very much like a FPS and straffing (especially against the larger heavier mechs w/ a smaller mech) is very important. Keep practicing it is a real fun game.

7. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Also play the single person mode. Its not the best single player game out there but you do learn a lot and get practice,plus you need to play it to unlock the ragnarok

capt

8. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Yeah use the Rag...though I prefer the MadCat. The latter is more mobile and has that targeting jammer on it. Really comes in handy against some oversized mechs like the Rag.

9. Peter O

Peter O Stunt Coordinator

I just started playing too.

I can manage to get a decent amount of kills, but my kill to death ratio sucks! I can't seem to get more than one or two kills before getting blown up, yet I look over at the other team and people have lots of kills but have only been killed a few times.

Is the best strategy to stay alive just to collect as many powerups as possible? It's tough playing with random people because they steal stuff from your kills a lot.

Add me to your list, I'd like to get some games going with you guys.

10. Ian_Fisher

Well, I've been playing with the Uziel mech, and have started to do some damage. I actually came in second the last couple of games [​IMG]

11. Christopher Cheadle

Christopher Cheadle Stunt Coordinator

Ian and Keith:

I just sent both of you guys Friend invites. See you online!

12. Ian_Fisher

Thanks Christopher!

I'm out of town on business until Thursday night, but I look forward to KICKIN' YOUR BUTT ONLINE!!!!

(unless we're on the same team, in which case...GO TEAM! ;-))

13. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

"Fighting Fish?" Holy cow, you need to team up with "Bassmasa!" We'd be the greatest team of all time.

As for tips, I would recommend finding one mech you really like and playing exclusively with it. I prefer the Catapult and will put it up against anyone. I can't play with a Vulture for squat, but some on this forum dominate with it. Pick your style and practice. Oh, and hit the mechs that are smoking...that helps quite a bit.[​IMG]

14. Ian_Fisher

15. Mario_Y

Mario_Y Stunt Coordinator

I just recently finished the single player; it was worth it! I used to get my butt kicked (had Live for about 4 months or so), but now I'm ok...you gotta find your vibe ...mech, I mean.

16. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

Hope you guys don't mind, but I'll be adding some of you to my friends list...looking forward to seeing how good you guys really are...

17. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

Someone sent me a friend invite last night and I mistakingly said no. I have no idea who it was, but feel free to send it again if you like. Sorry about that.

18. Ian_Fisher

19. Matt Odegard

Matt Odegard Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, you basically have to play them all and figure out which one you like best.

Personally I like the mad cat and mad dog. I like the mad dog better though now, my finger gets tired of charging those ppc's all the time, the mad dog you just get to hold down the trigger.You get some level 3 rockets on that mad dog and watch out! It sends them in swarms! Of course no defense on the mad dog.