What's new

Getting it boiled down... (1 Viewer)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Well, largely in thanks due to you all, I have my finalists listed and, due to budget constraints, it's literally going to come down to me flipping a coin to see which I take the first shot on for a demo (thanks to 30 day policies.)

Conditions: Music and HT both very important.
20 foot by 12 foot carpeted, rectangle room, no irregularities. HK 630 is the receiver.

1.) Rockets.

Either the ELT system or I might go Rocket Onix. Rocket HT Package #4 is my ceiling with them.

2.) HTD

Level 3 Y probably is the most logical, although a part of me is considering a splurge of level 4 x or y. That level 4 sub sure seems like supreme overkill to me, so I'd consider keeping level 2 or 3 sub regardless of anything else.

3.) Ascend

I can probably go in several different directions here. Most logically, a CBM 170 set with that 340 center and an STF-2 sub.

Thoughts?

4.) Aperion and Axiom. I haven't forgotten about these guys yet...

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Within the next couple weeks my journey to Rocket HT package #4 will be complete. :D For music the 550s are wonderful. Obviously they will not be as good as the 750s but should be wonderful. I saved a bit of money by going the used/B-stock route. FYI, what I paid came out to be the following (rough figures):

RS550s - $670 for B-stock including shipping
RSC200 - $425 for B-stock including shipping
RSC150s - $250 for used. (Haven't received as of yet.)

So not bad at all for roughly $1,345. Just have to keep your eyes open.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks