Getting it boiled down...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by EricRWem, Jun 25, 2004.

1. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    Well, largely in thanks due to you all, I have my finalists listed and, due to budget constraints, it's literally going to come down to me flipping a coin to see which I take the first shot on for a demo (thanks to 30 day policies.)

Conditions: Music and HT both very important.
    20 foot by 12 foot carpeted, rectangle room, no irregularities. HK 630 is the receiver.

1.) Rockets.

Either the ELT system or I might go Rocket Onix. Rocket HT Package #4 is my ceiling with them.

2.) HTD

Level 3 Y probably is the most logical, although a part of me is considering a splurge of level 4 x or y. That level 4 sub sure seems like supreme overkill to me, so I'd consider keeping level 2 or 3 sub regardless of anything else.

3.) Ascend

I can probably go in several different directions here. Most logically, a CBM 170 set with that 340 center and an STF-2 sub.

Thoughts?

4.) Aperion and Axiom. I haven't forgotten about these guys yet...

2. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Within the next couple weeks my journey to Rocket HT package #4 will be complete. [​IMG] For music the 550s are wonderful. Obviously they will not be as good as the 750s but should be wonderful. I saved a bit of money by going the used/B-stock route. FYI, what I paid came out to be the following (rough figures):

RS550s - $670 for B-stock including shipping
    RSC200 - $425 for B-stock including shipping
    RSC150s - $250 for used. (Haven't received as of yet.)

So not bad at all for roughly $1,345. Just have to keep your eyes open.

3. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    NICE! [​IMG]