What's new

Getting iPod to play through 4 speakers? (1 Viewer)

backwind

Auditioning
Real Name
back
I have a Yamaha HTR-550 receiver with 4 speakers plugged into it (2 main, and 2 rear/surround) and want to be able to play my ipod and have sound from all four. Right now it is plugged into AUX and I only get sound from the two main speakers. How can I get sound from all four speakers from my iPod?

Here are the specs:
http://usa.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/htr/htr-5550_black__u/?mode=model

image.php

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
You use the Pro Logic II setting (page 27 of the manual). Most receivers also have an all channel stereo setting, but I can't find that for yours.

backwind

Auditioning
Real Name
back
I'm having problems getting to Pro Logic II. As it says on page 27, I start playback from my ipod through AUX (a 2 channel source, correct?) and when I press AMP, nothing happens. Ideas?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I have a Yamaha, and that part of the instruction is somewhere between confusing and superfluous. Pressing amp just puts the remote in "amp" mode, so it won't do anything (unless you were using it for another source previously). Just continue with the instructions from there.

backwind

Auditioning
Real Name
back
Okay I got it to work with Pro Logic II, however the two surround speakers have a constant interference sound. When I play just the two surround speakers from 6ch Input, there is no fuzzy interference sound. Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks