Getting into Anime

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Noah Gottula, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Noah Gottula

Noah Gottula Stunt Coordinator

I'm a fan of anime, but im still just getting into it. I have almost all the popular ones that have been released in america on DVD (akira, ghost in the shell, neon, etc.). But I would also like to get into ones that haven't been released in america yet and have fansubs and can be dled from the internet or bought cheap from ebay. An example is Naruto which I have been downloading with fairly good quality. Are there any other good series out that I should check out? The anime I tend to like the best are the ones that take place in medieval like times (like berserk), ninja ones (ninja scroll), or samurai. But im pretty much open to all types. The better the fighting and storyline the more I like it.

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Buying fansubs on ebay is a violation of fansub ethics. Those people are out and out BOOTLEGGERS

Yes, fansubs are bootlegs, but they once served a real need and purpose, now they've just become something for bootleggers to steal.

I'm afraid also it's a violation of forum rules to direct you to download and fansubber sites, since they're bootlegs

4. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer