What's new

Getting hum and feedback from speakers help!!! (1 Viewer)

Paul Pratt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Pratt
Hey everyone!
I just got a PT-AE500U Projector and i've been trying to get it hooked up for quite some time now. I've got it mounted and set up and the screen is set and all is good visually.
One bad thing though. Whenever i hook the projector up to my receiver and out of my subwoofer comes this immense humming like it's getting feedback.
Then when i hook up my laptop to get audio to the theater it brings out the humming in the speakers too.
The only thing is that it only happens with the projector hooked up. When i hook in the old 36 inch everything is fine. The same thing happened when i got the free trial of the X1 a couple of months back, but i didn't own it so i just dealt with it.
I've tried several different solutions. I've tried isolating the cables from one another, tried hooking everything up in different outlets, and the same outlet. I've tried surge strips, surge protectors, and power conditioners, and nothing. I've hooked each component directly into the subwoofer, even the projector, to see if i get feedback and I don't get a damn thing. I've tried crappy cables, and "good" cables, nothing seems to do it.
I'm lost and really need some advice and help.
Thanks folks!

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Paul,

Have you tried a "cheater" (a three to two prong) plug on either the subwoofer or the projector?

-Robb

V JACKSON

Agent
Yep, try a ground lifter plug,on the subwoofer or the projector, you can get them at any hardware store....................

ScottCarr

Second Unit
do u have cable tv connected to your system. I chased a ground loop for months. never ever thought to look there.

Paul Pratt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Pratt
That damned cheater worked!!! I can't believe it. I would have never of fixed it. If you guys don't mind me asking can you all tell me what makes that ting work? Is it just eliminating the ground, therefore no ground loop?

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Exactly right. Doncha' love it when a solution costs less than a buck in this hobby?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks