What's new

Getting Hooked (1 Viewer)

Sremed

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
This is probably a pretty simple question for this forum. I've tried tech support at each of the manufacturers and they don't seem to be able to help me. So I thought I'd try an overall forum.
I have a:
  • 60" Plasma HDTV
  • Onkyo HT-S5500 7.1 Surround System
  • Sony BDP-S185 BluRay player
  • Direct TV HD-DVR box.
I'm trying to figure out how to hook them all together so I can watch movies on either the HD-DVR box or the BluRay player with the least amount of problems switching from one to the other. The Direct TV guy hooked it all up a few months ago when I had it installed. I never tried to watch a BluRay disc until last night. I can't get the bluray to play on the TV. When I hit the input button on the remote, the only two options I have are "TV" and "HDMI2" which is the HD-DVR box. "TV" just gives me a "No Signal" error.
Any help is appreciated.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Using HDMI cables, connect one from the Direct tv box to the receivers #2 hdmi input (labeled VCR/DVR) and another one from the BluRay player to the #1 hdmi input (labeled BD/DVD). If the installer left the receivers inputs alone you should be able to push the BD/DVD button to access the BluRay player and the VCR/DVR to access the Direct Tv box. You also have to go into the BR players setup menu and select hdmi as the Audio and Video output. It may be set to Component output which is why there is no signal on the tv.
Come back here with more questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks