1. Put in Voyager S2 disc 5 last night and was greeted by a disc read error.

Sure enough, the disc has a significant scuff on the inner track.

Since I bought the set new, I never took out the discs and looked at them.

Bought the set at Blockbuster on 5/18 (release date).

I'm going to stop by BB later today. Am I screwed?

Does Paramount have a replacement program for defective discs?

It can take awhile to work your way though these TV boxsets.

2. Reggie K.

Reggie K. Agent

You should really be more careful, everytime I make a purchase, exactly when I get home, I make a disc check and make sure none of the discs are scratched or scuffed. It only takes about a minute to do.

3. Paul Stanley

Paul Stanley Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for pointing that out Reg...

You should have no problem with BB, they seem to take back everything no questions asked.

[​IMG]

4. Blockbuster is telling me I only had 30 days for replacement on new/defective stock.

This doesn't appear anywhere on the receipt, however...

Moot point since my location didn't have another copy anyway...

I'm going to check two other nearby locations to see if they have S2 in stock.

If I find a location that has one, I'll try harder/beg for an exchange.

Failing that, does anyone have an email address for Paramount customer service?

Their web site only has snail mail and a long distance number.

5. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

Circuit City says something similar in their official policy. But when my copy of The Ring became defective (glue deteriorated between layers or something) a few months after I bought it, they still exchanged it. Gotta love stores that take care of the customer. [​IMG]

6. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

My cousin always buys at Walmart or Costco. He puts all his receipts in the case, because one time he found an old vhs movie and was never opened, it was bought at Walmart, he opened it and found the tape wasn't working. He brought it back almost 2yrs later and got a replacement.

So, he had the same problem again just 4months ago with a Cheers s1 dvd box set. Both Costco and Walmart as long as they have one in stock and the bill is from their store they'll replace it. This time it was from Costco. They actually gave him his full refund, and he bought the Cheers set at another location cause of a huge sale at another store.

7. JeremyLG

JeremyLG Stunt Coordinator

Jeremy
    I haven't had those problems yet. But one other idea - some receipts from Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart etc. look like they start to fade over time even when not in sunlight. Might want to make a photocopy as well just in case it is hard to read the original.

Jeremy G.

8. Joshua_W

Joshua_W Second Unit

I've noticed that, too.

They probably use ink that fades so you can't return items after a certain period of time.

9. Rian

Rian Stunt Coordinator

I had the same problem recently with a season of Smallville. I bought it around late May but have been watching it very slowly, I then got to the fourth disc and it said disc read error.

I called Warner Brothers about it and I dropped off the disc but they said it was just fine and there shouldn't be a problem.

Now I don't know what to do. I could go back to the place I bought it without the bill and say it was a gift, say it doesn't work anymore or use the bill for another season. Any suggestions?

10. Weird, the folks at [email protected] seem to be in the UK.

Still trying to work the problem...

Posted UK info for those who may need it someday:

================================================== ==========

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with one of the discs from our Voyager Season 2 release
    If you send the discs into us here at Paramount then we can arrange for a replacement disc to be sent out to you
    Please be aware that this process may take as long as a month as replacement stock will need to be ordered

Our address is:
    Paramount Home Entertainment UK
    UIP House
    45 Beadon Road
    London W6 0EG

================================================== ==========

11. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Hmmm, maybe I should try this; I bought the R2 S1 to 4 of DS9 more or less as they were released, and have only recently managed to work my way through S1 and 2, no problems there, but S3 disc 1 seems to have a problem with the second layer. Since I bought online from Amazon.co.uk I was wondering if it was worthwhile raising a fuss with them, since they can't replace individual discs.

I've just sent an email, and let's see how this plays out...

12. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Whaddaya know, I got a response, much the same as in post #14, and specifying the same address. I did say I'm in Singapore, but that didn't seem to bother them. Now let's see if exchange thing really works out.

13. Starting to get frustrated...

I've been calling the 888 number and the CSR aren't really helping.

They tell me there's no hotline for S2 problems and that all they can do is take a message.

Called 2x times now and no one is calling me back.

Think I'm going to ask for supervisor on next call.