What's new

Getting DD 5.1 out of a vcr? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Nope. Sorry Rob you are wrong. The sound on VHS tapes is ANALOG not ANALOGUE.
biggrin.gif

Damn Euros??
Kevin C. :)

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
>So Wes your suggestion of 22 gigawatts would be disastrous, not to mention that 22 gigawatts is not obtainable with todays technology!<
Sean,
for the first time, I have to flame someone on this forum. Your assertion is totally in error. I've been using a 35 gw flux capacitor to extract dd-ex for the past year. It works quite well, and does not add significantly to my electric bill (I have it plugged in to one of my neighbor's outlets). The only difficulty I had was obtaining the 440V current.
SO THERE!!!!!!!!
Marty

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
OK, now I want to jump in on the nitpicking :)
Marty, the phrase "440V current" just does not exist in real life. Current is measured in amperes, and the 440V is a reference to voltage. Now, current and voltage are two totally different things. I presume you meant a 440V output of some type, and the current would be measured by dividing that voltage by the impedance of your flux capacitor. Since both the flux capacitors I own (1 in the DeLorean, 1 for umm...personal use) have a nominal impedance of .00000006 ohms, that would give us a current of approximately 733 MA. This does not pose much of a problem for me, as I live by a nuclear facility.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Marty, I also use a Mosfet descrete power supply on my Flux Capacitor, that is how I get away with 22gw.
Wes

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
WOW I guess I'm a little behind.
The Last I heard 1.21 gw was the only gw standard that worked with these sort of things. I didn't realize todays technology could utilize such high power.
Thanks Marty and Wes, I will brush up on my quantum physics!
I had a problem with my gw regulator during my last time excursion, and I'm thinking I lost something along the way!
crazy.gif

------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
>the phrase "440V current" just does not exist in real life.
Gee, Tim;
that probably explains why I had so much trouble obtaining it. However, now that I have 440V current I wouldn't go back to the old facshioned kind.
Marty
P.S. I'm also part of a letter-writing campaign to get congress to repeal Ohm's Law.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Yeah, that Ohm guy was a real nutbuster! I don't like how he tried to slip his little piracy-search scheme into the bill.
BTW, has anyone tried using a Beryllium sphere as a power supply? The team I sent out to find one has yet to return...

RicP

Screenwriter
BTW, has anyone tried using a Beryllium sphere as a power supply
Yes, but make sure you have it connected to it's own 80amp circuit and that it's properly grounded through a titanium rod buried 700 ft into the Earth.
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks