1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting closer to HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoshBlevins, Aug 21, 2001.

1. JoshBlevins

JoshBlevins Auditioning

I am getting closer and closer to choosing the components for my mini HT and would really appreciate any help that you could provide me. I will certainly post pics to repay your kindness when I get everything set up.
    Budget has been set at $4500.
    I will be needing a projector, screen, CD changer, DVD player, speakers, subwoofer, and receiver. I think that with careful planning and good deal hunting a nice setup can be had for $4500.
    Please make suggestions. I am very serious about getting and installing these components within the next three months. I have already sold a watch for $4500 in anticipation of the project.
    Thank you very much.
    Joshua Blevins

2. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

No clue as to the projector or screen, but my guess is there would go the lions share of your budget. For example, the NEC LT 150 projector goes for $2,500, leaving you with $2,000 for everything else. Not a viable option, IMO.
    But here are some ideas:
    ceramic nOrh 4.0 package - $850
    SVS 20-39PC - $779
    Denon AVR-1802 - $500 (can be found for less)
    3 nOrh Le Amp monoblocks (LCR) - $800 (will also get you well on your way to separates)
    Panasonic RV-91 - $500 (can be used as both a cd & dvd player)
    TV - $800
    Wires, interconnects, banana pluges, calibration DVD & sound meter - $270
    That is a relatively balanced system now that will allow you to be able to upgrade in the future. What size room will the HT be in?
    [Edited last by BryanZ on August 22, 2001 at 02:40 PM]