What's new

Getting Bose system removed by dealer (1 Viewer)

Michael.M.C

Stunt Coordinator
Corvette owners always had problems with bose. I do not know one C4 era vette owner that did not have to replace each of the four amps in his or her car.

bose would never admit to a problem.

GM and bose are so in bed, there is not much chance of a divorce.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
There is absolutely *no* chance of divorce the C6 also has
Bose.. I am still buying a C6 I just won't listen to the
Stereo :)

They don't use Bose because it's good.. They use it because
there are millions of ignorant people out there that do
beleive Bose = High End.. People buy into all the ad dollars
spent hook, line and sinker.

And Bose probably sells thier garbage wares to GM for
pennies on the dollar and GM can in turn charge hundreds for
the "option". No smart car company does it any differently
(Unfortunate!).

Chris Bates

Stunt Coordinator
I do not know one C4 era vette owner that did not have to replace each of the four amps in his or her car.
I had a '91 with the bose system in it. At the time I owned a small car audio shop, so ripping it out was no problem. However, back then they didnt have the interfaces that they have now(i.e. bose hu to aftermarket speakers, aftermarket hu to bose speakers....etc)As far as cars go, I have always known that Bose was a pain to replace, expand upon or remove. You can replace it with aftermarket equipment, but be prepared to run al new wiring, except of course for the HU's power, ground, and acc wires.......

Bose.....pfff

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Yep and in most cases the Bose speakers are 1Ohm Load or
so (when they run the integrated amplification) with a
factory Bose setup it's practicaly all or nothing.. But
as DVD,GPS,NAV, OnStar and more and more features get
inter-tangled in new cars it will take a Phd to perform an
install!

PrinzII

Agent
Many folks who own Nissan Maximas agree that there are better systems than the Bose setup that they are saddled with.

Case in point, a friend of mine with a '92 Maxima had problems with her Bose system and had to wind up replacing the head unit and the speakers. She wound up getting an Eclipse 4440, Rockford Fosgate 4" speakers, and Eclipse 6x9s. Needless to say, she was much :D with the system after she got rid of the Bose.

When I went shopping for my '02 Maxima, one of the issues I ran across was that I could not get the other options I wanted (e.g. heated seats, heated mirrors) without getting a package that required the Bose. So, i wound up with a "base" SE.

Now that I am looking at a 2003 SE Titanium Edition, I am probably going to have the Bose in it but it's going to get yanked in favor of a custom Eclipse/JL Audio system I have in mind. :D

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Prinz,

I am having that same problem. I am planning on getting
a 2005 C6 Corvette when they hit the show rooms and I know
how GM likes to use "Packages". I absolutely must have the
DVD GPS Nav System and unfortunatly that comes in the
package with the Bose "Premium" sound system (Pffffft)....

The only thing "Premium" is the price I will pay for the
lousy crap.. I have yet to hear a Bose car setup that
sounded remotely good.. (Just like I have yet to hear any
of thier home speakers that impress either...).

*Shrugs* I guess I will have to bite the bullet though
because if I want the heated seats and NAV and XM and OnStar
then I have to get the whole schebang!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Two female coworkers of mine are each getting Mazda 6 S models soon(same color even, the only difference is one wants leather and the other doesn't. I of course had to give them a hard time about becoming the bopsy twins driving the same cars ;) Anyhow, we all went for a test drive and I of course was fiddling around with the Bose headunit. In the Mazda 6 as many of you know, the headunit is nearly impossible to replace. The Bose package comes with a 6 disc changer and the price of that alone is almost the cost of the Bose package. Neither of my friends are into aftermarket audio but they wanted something that sounded decent. I didn't have a CD with me but we did try several different FM stations that played everything from The Who (Won't Get Fooled Again was on during our test drive and the younger of my two coworkers was cringing because she likesn hip hop and pop music) to some rap. I'd say that it sounded ok to me. Nothing great especially for the price but not terrible either. It seems like many manufacturers are moving towards making it nearly impossible to replace the headunit and speakers (I'd be amazed if we ever see a decent looking mass produced dash kit for the 6) and that aggrevates me. Still though, I think that for most people who aren't as into audio as us on this board, I think they'd be happy with the newer Bose systems. Frankly though, if I had my way I'd go with the old "radio delete" option and put in all my own stuff (like with the WRX STI). I didn't leave one bit of the factory system in my Impreza (save for the wiring) and I knew about 5 minutes after hearing the stock system that would be the case.

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Dudes,

If Scott did stomach crunches for a couple of months his midsection would be RIPPED !! ! !

Dudes,

Chester II

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks