Getting an ISF for my TV, Boston Area Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andy_B, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Andy_B

Andy_B Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I have had my TW56X81 for about a year and half now. I tweaked it myself in the beginning but I want to get it formally calibrated.

I have two questions

1) Is it still useful to have a TV set that is a year and half old calibrated?

2) Does anyone have any recommendations for a ISF tech for someone who lives in the Boston suburbs?

Thanx!

Andy

2. SteveDinn

SteveDinn Auditioning

I don't really know how long you should go between calibrations, but I do have a recommendation of a calibrator for you.
    The guy's name is Gregg Loewen, and he did my TW40X81 last weekend. It looks incredible. He's pretty close to you too, being from Maine. Here's a link to some of the pre vs. post calibration stats that he made available to me afterwards. As you can see, there's a marked difference.
    I believe he posts on this forum every once in a while too.
    -Steve.

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

4. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    HI!
    I believe I could help you with this [​IMG] Ill send you an email.
    BTW, I will travel from Quebec (Montreal and Quebec City) and south, to Mass, CT, VT, NH, Maine, and New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. I have family in NB and NS so even though the drive is longer my wife will enjoy spending time with family. All other points are within a 2-4 hour drive so I can drive, do the calibration, and return the same day.
    Also, I have all the gear, including a Sencore 288 color analyzer and a Accupel HD signal generator.
    Gregg Loewen