What's new

Getting an ISF for my TV, Boston Area Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Andy_B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I have had my TW56X81 for about a year and half now. I tweaked it myself in the beginning but I want to get it formally calibrated.

I have two questions

1) Is it still useful to have a TV set that is a year and half old calibrated?

2) Does anyone have any recommendations for a ISF tech for someone who lives in the Boston suburbs?

Thanx!

Andy

SteveDinn

Auditioning
I don't really know how long you should go between calibrations, but I do have a recommendation of a calibrator for you.
The guy's name is Gregg Loewen, and he did my TW40X81 last weekend. It looks incredible. He's pretty close to you too, being from Maine. Here's a Link Removed to some of the pre vs. post calibration stats that he made available to me afterwards. As you can see, there's a marked difference.
I believe he posts on this forum every once in a while too.
-Steve.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
HI!
I believe I could help you with this :) Ill send you an email.
BTW, I will travel from Quebec (Montreal and Quebec City) and south, to Mass, CT, VT, NH, Maine, and New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. I have family in NB and NS so even though the drive is longer my wife will enjoy spending time with family. All other points are within a 2-4 hour drive so I can drive, do the calibration, and return the same day.
Also, I have all the gear, including a Sencore 288 color analyzer and a Accupel HD signal generator.
Gregg Loewen

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KennyMitchell
Recent bookmarks